How does a pre-approved auto loan work?

I am currently pre-approved for a loan through a bank to buy a car, I'm putting a down payment in cash to the dealer, but I do not want to finance with them since I already have financing through a bank. Does the dealer work directly with my bank to get the rest of their money? How should I tell them that... show more I am currently pre-approved for a loan through a bank to buy a car, I'm putting a down payment in cash to the dealer, but I do not want to finance with them since I already have financing through a bank. Does the dealer work directly with my bank to get the rest of their money? How should I tell them that I'll put money down but don't want to finance with them. I had read that you're not supposed to tell this to the dealer, but what can I do? I know some banks provide customers with a check to write directly to the dealer, but since I'm pre-approved I'm supposed to put a down payment, bring my invoice to my bank, then they will work with the dealer, is this correct?
Update: I am not looking to get a loan, I keep seeing posts about people being lenders, which is not my question!