How to persuade my family to buy me a car?

I need a vehicle. I regularly walk to go to town. And it's tiring. I need a car. I'm 17 and I don't have a car of my own. How can I persuade my family to buy me a car?

• Red
    Favorite Answer

Get a job.

Buy your own car.

Stop being a parasitic leech on your family.

You can tell them that every time you reach town by walking, you feel very tired and your feet will ache. Then, traveling by car is faster and saves time and you will be traveling in and out of town frequently.Tell them you do not mind any car as long as it still works well and is not a gas guzzler. Well, you can also add a cherry on top by saying that you will drive them to town if they want or you will pay them back for it when you get a job in the future. You have to keep your word on it.

Is it urgent? It is better not to rush things or they will give you a no.

Show them you are responsible by getting a job and being able to pay for one.

Give them the pitch of how it will "help" the family out. Thats what i did... and i don't do anything except drive my sister to school (and she goes to the same school as me). Look for something reasonable within your familys budget.

Source(s): im 17
  • Lina

Tell them how tired you are and act like it for full effect..find a realy great deal thru Craiglist, autotrader, the papers, whatever. Tell them how you will put whatever amount into it, or the rest of the payments if they help w/ the down pmt.