Former atheists who found God?

I used to be an Atheist and I found God and accepted Christ as my savior. I made my decision after thinking about it for almost a year... Here is my story. I was hearing weird voices for about a month. At first I thought it was because I was tired and I was hearing the voices at like 1 a.m. And then, one day in the... show more I used to be an Atheist and I found God and accepted Christ as my savior. I made my decision after thinking about it for almost a year... Here is my story. I was hearing weird voices for about a month. At first I thought it was because I was tired and I was hearing the voices at like 1 a.m. And then, one day in the afternoon while I was looking out the window, I heard the voice calling out to me louder than usual. And I was not tired because it was daylight. I then thought back to a time when my mom was telling me how she had a difficult pregnancy when she was pregnant with me. She said that she thought she was having a miscarriage 2 times. I was also 2 months premature. She prayed to the Lord to save me. And I thought "Man, God saved my mom's pregnancy. Could He be real?" Another time was when I had a 106 degree fever when I was 4 years old. My mom prayed again for me to live. I lived. Also, when I was going through a difficult time in my life, I felt a presence in my room at one point. This was the last voice I heard. It said "Matt, everything is going to be OK. Come with me and I will show you the way..." From that moment on, I gave up on Atheism and I have never felt a warmer feeling. A feeling of absolute happiness... I believe the voices I heard was God trying to reach out to me. I pushed Him away before my religious awakening. Later that evening, I prayed to God and asked for forgiveness for all of my sins. And I felt that he forgave me... What are your stories? (Please... No comments on how God doesn't exist, or that I'm crazy... Because I know what happened to me.)
23 answers 23