is it true walmart sells rifles that are damaged?

I wanted to buy a savage 110 30-06 rifle from walmart, but a guy buying ammo there told me that walmart sells some rifles that only walmart carries, and I couldnt find info on the savage I saw there online, its the savage 110fxp3 in 30-06, and the guy said its rejected models that walmart gets deals on, can that be true? It was with the accutrigger and sold for $400, what do you guys think? I really liked the riffle.

are they at all defective? it was black synthetic stock with a bushnell scope.

Best Answer

no way, get that rifle for that price!!!

There are fxp3s on Savage site, but not in 110. The conclusion I have come to is Wal-Mart wanted the features of the 111fxp3 in the less expensive model, so the 110fxp3 was born. NOBODY sells seconds in firearms. If it don't pass muster, it never leaves the factory. The MSRP on the 111 with accutrigger is $659, so at that price a 110 would be a bargain.

well i got a 10/22 that seems perfect from walmart in the 90s.i do got a mossberg from there too that did have a blemish in the blueing on the muzzle. Maybe thats why it has a blemish, is because walmart got a deal or something.Who knows but the gun works fine. I may even duracoat it in the future, then no one can tell anything was blemished anywhere. I doubt they are defective but i can see them selling a slight blemished gun.Not like your not going to ding it up some anyway if your hunting with it. They come with a warranty anyway so if something is wrong the manufacturer will take care of it. Honestly i doubt you will have any problems with it. My 10/22 and mossy shoot and opperate just fine.

Keep in mind that the first thing Adolph Hitler did when he came to power was to ban all guns. Obviously, it is much easier to shove an unarmed person into an oven than an armed person. You also will note that we banned certain drugs. However, this has done nothing to get them off the streets. We are an open society. We cannot put a police man (or woman) on every street corner. Although it is a trite saying...if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns...and lots of them. I would agree to increase the penalties for misuse of a firearm...just as I think we should increase the penalties for drunk driving. We should not ban the cars just because some morons in society drink and drive. Hope this helps.

There are all sorts of BS rumors about Walmart guns, none of which are true. No gun company would distibute 'defective' guns for sale, and they arent seconds, and they arent made cheaper. Its the same gun you see at Big 5, Cabela's etc. Infrequently, a manufacturerer might make a 'special' model and throw in a scope, or some different stock, but the gun is just as functional and operates the same.

I would prefer to buy a gun at a gun or hunting shop, mostly because I value the advice and service I can get there. If you find the gun elsewhere, ask them if they will price match or discount.

urban legend blame undersold dealers,they can't or won't sell for Walmart prices Exception Di<ks when on sale. You can get a troublesome firearm anywhere. In nearly a 100 firearms passing through my ownership "1" a Marlin 60 was sold because of jamming trouble. I have 4 Rugers made only for Walmart. Ray Walton,founder was a great sportsman and wanted to sell at the best price. He probably gave specs to manufacturers and they made guns just for his stores. In the past this was done by many chain stores,Sears and Western Auto. The fabled Win 70 was sold under the Sears brand,same rifle,different name. Don't listen to people who think they know everything.You don't get advice or service at Walmart only the best price.

No. That is an urban legend. WalMart is a very high volume seller and can get deep discounts by buying thousands of guns at one time. They are also large enough to have certain models and combos manufactured that only they carry. They have a reputation to uphold and would never willingly risk lawsuits by selling defective firearms.

NOT TRUE..IF YOU TALK TO GUN SHOPS OR PRIVATE SELLERS THEY LIKE TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE THEY ARE BLEMISHED OR 2ND'S. iTS COMMON SENSE.. iF YOU BUY THOUUSANDS OF ANYTHING AT A TIME IN BULK .. YOU GET THEM FOR LESS THAN JUST BUYING A FEW..AT A TIME..i BOUGHT A MOSSBURG 500 12 GA. AND IT IS PERFECT.. i WANTED ONE THAT WAS A LITTLE DARKER WOOD ON IT AND A NICER GRAIN TO IT..tHEY HAD 3 IN STOCK AND SAID TAKE YOUR PICK.. THEY WERE VERY COURTEOUS AND POLITE TO ME..THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THAT THEY ARE 2ND'S OR BLEMISHED..ARE MAINLY THE COMPETITION THAT CAN'T COMPETE AT WALMART PRICES..i PAID $258,00 FOR MINE 12 GA.. TRY AND GET A MOSSBURG 500..12 GA . FOR LESS AND YOU CAN' .AND THEY SOLD MILLIONS OF THE SHOTGUNS OVER THE YEARS AND IF THEY WERE FAULTY ,THE STORE OR MANUFACTURER WOULD GLADLY REPLACE IT....WHY WOULD THEY CHANCE THEIR REPTATION? iT WOULD GET AROUND REAL QUICK..i WISH THEY SOLD PISTOLS.BUT ALASKA I WAS TOLD IS THE ONLY STATE THAT THEY SELL IN....i BOUGHT REMINGTONS 30-06'S OVER THE YEARS AND EVERY ONE WAS PERFECT..SO. AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED..MOSSBURG IS A FINE SHOTGUN AT A VERY LOW PRICE..

No they are not defective..... Yes some big retailer buy models of firearms built to there specs.... No big deal.....

Pay no mind to this guy.... I have purchased firearms from them and yes they sometimes have models that don't show up on the manufacturers web site.... This is not a problem....

• MJ

Hey, Ipfreely as well.

No reputable gun manufacturer would sell rejected models, to anyone.

Doing so would invite deaths, injuries, and lawsuits.

Get Savage's catalog, I found the 110fxp3 in there within 15 seconds.

Source(s): Like everyone says, Wal Mart is cheaper because they buy in large quantities. Business 101...

I don't think any manufacturer, let alone retailer like Wal-Mart, would knowingly sell a defective firearm. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart just gets certain (maybe even exclusive) deals with manufacturers because they buy in such high volume.

Here are some discussions on it...

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/a/aasavage_rifles...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Guns-Firearms-Projectil...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=295525