Is it true walmart sells rifles that are damaged?

I wanted to buy a savage 110 30-06 rifle from walmart, but a guy buying ammo there told me that walmart sells some rifles that only walmart carries, and I couldnt find info on the savage I saw there online, its the savage 110fxp3 in 30-06, and the guy said its rejected models that walmart gets deals on, can that... show more I wanted to buy a savage 110 30-06 rifle from walmart, but a guy buying ammo there told me that walmart sells some rifles that only walmart carries, and I couldnt find info on the savage I saw there online, its the savage 110fxp3 in 30-06, and the guy said its rejected models that walmart gets deals on, can that be true? It was with the accutrigger and sold for $400, what do you guys think? I really liked the riffle.
Update: are they at all defective? it was black synthetic stock with a bushnell scope.