Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Should the IOC punish Alex Ovechkin?

Or at least make a statement....something stupid about it being bad for their image?

This writer thinks the NHL (or the Caps) should suspend him! I think that is pure silliness.....I hope the lady just sues him so he has to get 5$ haircuts instead of the 10$ cuts he gets now.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31779-THNcom...

Red-White-And Blue---Not really comparable though, are they? One is celebrating with some champagne and a cigar after winning. Who hasn't done that? If LA won the cup, would it matter if Drew Doughty sipped champagne afterwards...not hurting anyone, just celebrating. Many parents allow their children to have a toast at a wedding or a drink on New Years Day. Not a big deal.

However....when you assault a WOMAN as a result of being a SORE LOSER (by your own admission that is what it was)...I think that is another can of worms entirely. As I am sure we might see the aftermath of this....would not be surprised at all if a civil suit were to follow....however, we shall wait for the whole story to surface first.

Phil- Are you comparing on-ice infractions to assaulting a WOMAN fan?

Favorite Answer

He actually pays for those haircuts? I figured his Mom still cut his hair. Non story....notice in the video how not one person reacted or even turned....maybe a case of drama over a simple hand to the front of the lens? Ovie has been showing his true colors of late but I think this is more along the Kane taxi driver story than the Avery story. No big deal...nothing to see folks...time to move on.

Source(s): But you do make a good point about the IOC....if they get uptight about a bunch of the team Canada girls having a beer a freaking hour after the game in a virtually empty arena after being the ones who called them out for a photo shoot then they need to address Ovie. I would love to know which jack@ss reporter took advantage of those girls.....I think it was possibly a Canadian cameraperson....! Bob....that is hilarious. $14.00 wont get you much nowadays I guess. Looks like the haircuts I used to get 45-50 years ago when kids cuts were $1.00. But I suppose even a $100.00 cut couldnt make the caveman look good!

The media is a joke; they love creating controversy where none exists. Suspending a player for pushing a camera aside? Punishment for celebrating a win (by the way, where were all these critics when Michael Jordan smoked cigars and drank alcohol after his three-peat)? What has this world come to...

I think you should stop your hate for OV.

Is what OV did worse than what Boyle did? Nope, Boyle gets off scott-free with his bush-league antics. OV was out of line but its being blown out of proportion.

Think about the crap he deals with, got goofs like Milbury calling his team euro-trash, got reatarded Canadian media members asking him questions like "how does it feel to lose?" People are egging him on and he was bound to do something out of anger.

Re: I hope you know that you could get into legal trouble from doing something on ice...so in a sense it is comparable. I'm not trying to justify Ovechkin's act but I can understand why he'd flip. Btw why was this chick filming him anyways? How'd she find him if she's not a media member? Stalker.

If they punish Ovechkin for this they might as well go ahead and BAN guys like Pronger,Boyle and Avery for life .

I hear he is a fan of another athlete in need of a haircut- one Randy Johnson. Just emulating is boyhood hero, the Big Unit.

Leave him alone man, he's gotten enough punishment, after watching Sid hoist the cup and then slaughter his motherland, dream team!

• 42

If they don't punish Boyle for his slew-foot cheap shot, they'd better not punish Ovechkin.

• ?

no. people with cameras are LOOKING for reactions, and they got one this time.