Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

olli asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Libs, and voters of President Obama, do you still approve of his policies and demeanor?

His approval rating has gone down. His health care summit backfired and now his approval rating has been torn up.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/pol...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you look at a variety of post-summit polls, the President actually came out higher, not lower. Rasmussen has always been skewed to the right.

I think it is worthwhile to note that while Obama's poll numbers are lower than they were six months ago or a year ago, the Republican poll numbers have never been lower in history.

I approve of Obama's policies, and find his demeanor refreshing. I think it riles many conservatives, particularly those ultra conservatives in Congress, that he remains focused and even-keeled despite their most outrageous efforts to stall, delay, obstruct and otherwise defeat progress on every front.

Obama has learned from his first year that Republicans are not serious about any legislation that might give the President or the Democratically controlled Congress some success in dealing with the economy, jobs, health care costs, climate change, or even the war on terror. They vote against their own policies when Obama endorses them.

Since you watch the polls so closely, I suggest you note poll results for the current REpublican leadership of McConnell, Behner and Kantor. I believe you will see, what we have seen now for several months, that they collectively comprise the most unpopular party leaders in history. Not with what remains of the Republican Party, now stripped of all moderation, but with those who describe themselves as Independent. As the Incredible Shrinking Republican Party moves as far right as they can, their dependence on those Independents and conservative Democrats will be their only hope to ever get anything done if they ever get back to power. That seems increasingly unlikely according to even the Rasmussen numbers ....

• 1 decade ago

Yes, absolutely. Bush created all this mess; you can't expect Obama, who inherited the economic crisis, to fix it with a blink of an eye. Be realistic. Oops..I forgot; Republican's have trouble doing that.

P.S. The healthcare summit ''backfired'' because of the idiot conservatives that were spewing their two cents.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

unquestionably no longer ! What a shell activity. it is the only maximum reactive government physique we've had in lots of years. the only maximum corrupt "greater Politicians being uncovered for the liars they're" and right here is why. everyone who actual believes that the US government cares that we've well-being Care is an absolute moron. that's precisely why the unique Language "well-being Care Reform" became into sidelined for the greater present day "scientific well-being insurance Reform". in simple terms placed if politicians have been to Legislate "Systemic well-being Care Reform" it may be super, that's what we pay them to do, that even however demands no further taxing. instead our elected officers opted to bypass with the "Mandate anybody To Have insurance" application which if no longer complied with will generate Trillions in Taxes or Fines what ever they prefer to call it. there's a clarification why the yankee human beings have not bought into this nonsense, and that they be attentive to it. President Obama is a campaigner and he will bypass everywhere, each time to campaign for distressed colleagues or such valiant motives like worldwide Warming (Which Any Halfwit) knows to be a comedian tale. i'm in simple terms asserting.............................think of approximately it.

• 1 decade ago

I applaud his perseverance in the face of a weak kneed and crybaby Congress. We need to get him some help! All these other morons we elected are just interested in protecting their own careers and big salaries with mucho perks. McCain looked particularly pathetic at the HC Summit.

• wdx2bb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Rasmussen reports tend to lean right in polling, but there was no doubt his approval rating would go down once he started making decisions.

The same thing happened to Ronald Reagan, by the way.

Do not underestimate this man.

• 1 decade ago

Im a liberal well moderate liberal and really I expected exactly this, just like if this was on other hand and mccain would be criticized why he isn't doing anything to help are economy like obama suggested. Politics, no one is ever right or happy.

• 1 decade ago

He is still a few light years ahead of W. I didn't vote for him to be perfect. I voted for him to improve on the previous guys. So far, so good!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.