How much does an average house cost where you live?

Just wondering how it compares; in Sydney, Australia, the average house costs half a million dollars.

• Lark
    Best Answer

I live in one of the most outrageously overpriced enclaves of one of the most outrageously overpriced cities in the world, so the average cost of a house here is so audaciously, absurdly, bewilderingly high people usually blink a few times and then say "that's outrageous." The median home price for the zip code where my mom and stepdad live was $3,367,167 last fall. That doesn't buy you a mansion worthy of being in a remake of "The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." For that sum you get a fairly unspectacular home on a surprisingly small lot of land, and your reaction to it would probably be "meh" until you found out the price. If it was transported to Ohio it would probably cost somewhere around $300,000. I was in awe of a family friend's home that we stayed in on a visit to Nashville last year, and even more shocked to discover that their gorgeous estate chock full of state-of-the-art amenities was on the market for around the same price as a totally yawn-inducing house here with a kitchen stuck in the 80s.

I love my dad's neighborhood much more because it's less pretentious and has more natural beauty, but I still think the home prices are ridiculous. I did a quick Google search and found a Forbes article from last September that listed the median single-family home price as $2,277,172. Once again, that's just the cost for an ordinary, three or four bedroom house. That's actually considerably less than it was a couple of years ago during the real estate bubble. You explored the area where I live on your trip to LA last year. After taking a peak around, do you think it's really worthwhile, or would you agree that it's........... outrageously overpriced?

The really alarming thing is that in comparison to London where my mom and stepdad lived for the past three years, LA is affordable. o.O

((((E)))))

~ Peace

1

Source(s): Ultimate 16000 Woodworking Plans - http://WoodworkingPlans.siopu.com/?OlCG

2

Source(s): Woodworking Advanced Classes http://WoodworkingProjects.enle.info/?j374

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): average house cost live: https://biturl.im/F0mtO

I'd say the average around here is £250,000. That's why we rent :)

£250,000 = 425,839.12 AUD

Sad thing is that there's a local school that all the parents are fighting to get their kids into that will make houses inside the schools catchment area jump by about 50,000.

Looking online at the local estate agents I've discovered that 250,000 will get you an apartment on the seafront :/

Mind, it's not as posh as some towns closeby. The county I live in is supposed to have more millionaires per square mile than anywhere else in Britain.

• Lawrie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awyD0

I know where your coming from I also watch shows like that and wonder how people really have that kind of money. But anyways here in Oklahoma it really depends on what part of the state you live in. If you are closer to the bigger cities the cost goes up, but i live closer to smaller cities the houses range from 80 thousand to 200 thousand. We bought our house for 90 thousand and it is out in the country with 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bath with 2 acres of land. So I guess it just really depends where you live. A house like mine would sell for about 150 thousand just 40 miles away.

I live in the southern coastal suburbs of Adelaide, better known as the dirty south. House prices average at about $200,000. The houses on the Esplanade are a lot more expensive and there is a high rise apartment block under construction and there are plans for more to come, plus shops, cafes etc. It's going to be sad if Christies does become more commercial - I think it will lose a lot of its character.

• ?

The average house where I live is about 1-2 million. Are you referring to the area or the city as a whole.

Half. A. Million?

Holy mummy. That's a lot. For the average 3-4 bedroom house, it's$159,900 dollars in the SE Minnesota area. Obviously not as posh as Sydney. :D

• Kelly

Half a million dollars? Wow. Just wow.

Here in northern New York, the average house is around $60,000. That's the wonderful deal you get when you move to the ghetto....