Should the American Gold Medals be given to those countries who didn't win them?

As a Liberal, I think so...

American's put in years of effort, discipline, time and resources to achieve their Olympic success.

But, there are other countries who do not. Iran, North Korea, Cuba, etc.

I think the IOC should take some of the American Gold Medals and give it to those less fortunate countries!

Now, who's with me!?

• Favorite Answer

The Olympic Gold medals contain only 6 grams of gold and are therefore not worth anything. The term "gold" refers to the color and not the metal content. So an Olympic gold medal is not going to help anybody much except as a paperweight.

No. But we should make sure the athletes and their families that bring gold medals back to the US get the health care they need

• J P

I like it. It would "level the playing field' and promote social justice. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would be sustainable. And, it would probably cut way down on preparation for the next Olympics which has to have a positive effect on our carbon footprint.

Of course! And, then blame the people that earned them for contributing to global warming!

We all can't be winners. There are plenty of losers. It's the fair thing to do.

Redistribution of gold? Please, don't give the libs any ideas.

**** that, we won them