Can I request a T-5007 statement from the Canada Revenue Agency in early December or November?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The government agencies who are required to file T5007s have until the end of February to do so.

    CRA will not have copies until them.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    Yes, you can adjust previous returns. But, you can transfer tuition credits ONLY if you can't use them. In other words, the student must use them first to reduce his or her taxable income to zero, then the balance can be transferred to a parent. If you still qualify to transfer the credits, then just send a letter to CRA (you can use the T1ADJ if you want, but a letter works just as well). Enclose the T2201 in question (and ensure you complete the back of it). In the letter, specifically ask to adjust the (year) return for (name, SIN).

  • Joe S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    No you have to wait for the slips. If this is the only slip you have and it is a fixed amount you may be able to use your pay stubs to file for your credits

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.