As a Wikipedia admin, what's the best way I can retaliate against a regular user?

There's this new user who thinks that just because he has a Ph.D. in history he doesn't owe me any respect whatsoever. I'm an admin, for chrissake, which is a very high position of trust and authority that must be respected. What is the best way for me to put him in his place? (It goes without saying... show more There's this new user who thinks that just because he has a Ph.D. in history he doesn't owe me any respect whatsoever. I'm an admin, for chrissake, which is a very high position of trust and authority that must be respected. What is the best way for me to put him in his place? (It goes without saying that my retaliation must satisfy WP:CIVIL, but I would also like it to satisfy WP:DONTBITE).
Update: I don't have CheckUser privileges yet, so don't suggest that as a tool for my retaliation.