Why were people so unfriendly to me in Toronto?

I'm American, but love Canada- heck, my nana is from Nova Scotia- Canadians are among the nicest people iIve ever met...except for people in Toronto...i worked and lived in Toronto for 4 months, and found that city to be a very unfriendly place. My Toronto coworkers and friends bashed the rest of canada, hated... show more I'm American, but love Canada- heck, my nana is from Nova Scotia- Canadians are among the nicest people iIve ever met...except for people in Toronto...i worked and lived in Toronto for 4 months, and found that city to be a very unfriendly place. My Toronto coworkers and friends bashed the rest of canada, hated the french Canadians, were hostile towards Americans, and felt canadians from the Atlantic provinces were idiots. the fact I'm American, but with family from nova Scotia made me the target of ridicule- YET Canadians i have met in the atlantic provinces, as well as on the west coast and Quebec are great...

Does Toronto have a reputation of being an unfriendly place?

Despite that, canadians are wonderful people, and canada is a beautiful country.