Need a list of "boxed set" or series books- children's/young adult literature (1-4 books)?

I'm a fourth grade teacher and we have to sit our students in teams. I give the kiddos team names and I thought it would be fun to name them after different book series. However I need groups for my reading and math classes and they need to switch about 5 times a year so I need 10 different book series. I usually have 5-6 groups at a time, but a series with four books is find, I can usually think up 1-2 things that go with it.

I've already thought of Twilight- twilight, new moon, eclipse, breaking dawn.

Diary of a Wimpy kid- Diary of a wimpy kid, roderick rules, last straw, dog days. etc.

I've also thought of a series of unfortunate events, percy jackson, chronicles of narnia, spiderwick chronicles, and Harry Potter.

Can you please help me think of more series/sets that are out there, I'm searching and straining my brain but I can't think of any other ones.

thanks!

Favorite Answer

These come to mind:

Alex Rider By Anthony Horowitz

Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce

Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery

Redwall series by Brian Jacques

Royal Diaries, American Girl, & My America by various authors

Little House on the Prairie By Laura Engels Wilder

RL Stine has several series Goosebumps Horrorland ETC.

Encyclopedia Brown by Donald Sobol

Hardy Boys & Nacy Drew of course

& I'd nix twilight for 4th grade. Try My sister the Vampire series by Sienna Mercer

Source(s): I'm a librarian

V For Vendetta, except it is a graphic novel. Anything by Chuck Palahniuk, I would suggest Haunted, Survivor, or Choke. I really liked A Tree Grows in Brooklyn but a lot of people in my class didn't. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien is really good. I'm also really into Wally Lamb (She's Come Undone, The Hour I First Believed, I Know This Much Is True are all great), but his books are probably too inappropriate for school. Looking for Alaska is pretty good. 1984 is a classic.

i think its called the Magical Treehouse... or maybe the Enchanted Treehouse... Im not sure. or maybe its niether of them. Haha, but i know it has Treehouse in it! they were pretty good!

and then there was this other series, Captain Underpants series. HAHA those books were FUNNY i used to loooove those books!!

and there was The Dear Dumb Diary Series, mostly for girls. I used to LOOVE those books TOO!

and they are probably a little old for this series, but Junie B. Jones series were awesome! i literally read the WHOLE series when i was in third grade!

then theres the goosebumps series... never really liked those. LOL

the clique series.. but they might be for an older group.

The Eragon Series. They were AMAZING!!

Heres some others i can think of, but didnt read-

Alex rider series

Anne of Greengables

Vampire Diaries

I wouldnt use Twilight or Harry Potter for 4th graders.. i started reading Harry Potter in 5th grade, and i even had a hard time. and Twilight has some stuff in it for more of an older audience.

Hope I Helped!

The Fairy Chronicles by JH sweet is a good series about being responsible for the environment, set in North America, about different girls who all find out they have fairy powers but they lead normal lives unless they have a fairy mission. It's a nice read.

39 Clues is a great series, assorted authors.

Eragon

Charlie Bone

Little House on the Prarie (though be prepared for a bit of a damage control history lesson for the actual book Little House on the Prarie, for racial references)

I'd skip Twilight though, it's a bit mature for grade 4.

Go and plunder the Newbery Award books

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbery_Medal

You have Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising Series, Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, Dr. Doolittle, etc...

• Matt

Inheritance Cycle: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr.

Little house on the Prairie