Help with an audition song?

i am a girl auditioning for rent and i have no idea what to sing. if it gives you any idea of what's in my range, for past auditions i've sang criminal by fiona apple, take me or leave me from rent, and jasey rae by all time low; just a few examples. i would like to do a more upbeat song for it and it... show more i am a girl auditioning for rent and i have no idea what to sing. if it gives you any idea of what's in my range, for past auditions i've sang criminal by fiona apple, take me or leave me from rent, and jasey rae by all time low; just a few examples. i would like to do a more upbeat song for it and it doesn't matter to me if it's broadway or not. just don't suggest songs from the show. right now i'm looking at songs from the musical hair. please suggest anything you know of that would help me with this.
Update: we are allowed to sing pop and rock songs it has been stated by the director.