What race is Salma Hayek?

I don't get which box people with skin color like mine are supposed to check, and Salma has about the same skin color as me. That is not white or black and the other options (on forms) aren't even colors. Her ethnicity is Hispanic since she is from Mexico, but what race would you categorize her as?

Update:

Mexan, Lebanese, and Hispanic are ethnicities, but Hispanic is not a race. If that were true all these forms would not have two separate questions, and this includes the US Census.

Update 2:

Herb, you didn't explain why you think she is Caucasian. It didn't say on the web site you put down.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i am a mexican descendant from spaniards and attended college in the U.S. and in the box for race i had to check the alien box. do you know that race is not determined by the color of your skin but by your face features? it is true.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Salma Hayek Ethnicity

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What race is Salma Hayek?

I don't get which box people with skin color like mine are supposed to check, and Salma has about the same skin color as me. That is not white or black and the other options (on forms) aren't even colors. Her ethnicity is Hispanic since she is from Mexico, but what race would you...

Source(s): race salma hayek: https://shortly.im/X4Jat
  • 4 years ago

Cruz is from Madrid, Spain and Hayek was born in Veracruz, Mexico so they are from different nationalities. To say they were the same would be like saying someone from America and England were the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Herbli
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

For the love of Margaret Mead, Salma Hayek is Caucasion as to race. Her mother's and father's national backgrounds are for defining ethnicity, which for Salma is Mexican. Her racial background is Caucasian, which is what you asked for.

• 6 years ago

Here's a clue... Her name is Lebanese

• 3 years ago

Informative discussion, just what I was looking for.

•  
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Um... Mexican is an ethnicity. Hispanic is RACE. But without further ado, you have answered your own question.

• 1 decade ago

She is half Lebanese, and half Mexican.

Source(s): Horse's mouth.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.