Do You Think This Politician Is Looking Out For You At The Health Care Summit?

Rangle is sitting at the summit today saying he is representing you and fighting the good fight. Or is he representing the people who paid for his cruise?

WASHINGTON – Rep. Charles Rangel, the most powerful tax-writing lawmaker in Congress and a 34-year veteran of Capitol Hill, knowingly accepted Caribbean trips from a corporation in violation of House rules, the House Ethics Committee ruled Thursday, The Associated Press has learned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ethics_rangel

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Nikki
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Rangle? Please....besides, there is NO politicians in Congress looking out for anything but themselves.

• Banker
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Charlie Rangle would have been indicted months ago if Ms Nancy had not intervened and slowed down the investigation. He has done questionable things and should not be in the group.

• Eric R
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I think that at most, 2% of our Representatives and Senators are looking out for the people.

Once elected, they go into "re-election mode" and say what they need to say to win. Not give the people the cold hard truth and tell them they need to "cut back here", they "can't have that" and so on...

TO Ed:

Sorry, the Democrat list like that one you posted is nearly twice as long...

Source(s): common sense
  • 10 years ago

no there are looking at there wallets and re election with the exception of a couple people i know this because its 13 year old logic if they cared we would need this summit in the fist place.

Source(s): I love politics
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Apples and oranges.

I agree that if he broke the rules, he should be punished. But that doesn't mean that he is wrong on every issue. And on the issue of health insurance reform, the Democrats are right more often than the Republicans...even Charlie Rangel.

• 10 years ago

Rangel is also one of the biggest tax CHEATS in Congress.

No, he is not representing me. Thank God he's not my state's Congressman.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Where is a stray torpedo when u need one!

• 10 years ago

good question...im not sure!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.