why do you think McCain was campaigning at the Health Care Summit?

and why was he reminded that the campaign was over?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

the health care summit was not taken serious by any republican

• 10 years ago

Obama was trying to deflect from the question asked as a real answer would be to admit that McCain was right. There were political games through this whole process.

From the source below:

3. Obama and McCain tussle: It took almost two and a half hours for any real fireworks to come out of today's health care summit, but when it finally came his turn to speak, Sen. John McCain went on the attack. He scolded the Democrats for what he called "unsavory" deals conducted by their leadership. President Obama fired back at his 2008 election opponent by saying, "We're not campaigning anymore. The election is over."

McCain, to his credit, took the president's rhetorical arrow in stride, responding, "I'm reminded of that every day."

• Spook
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

McCain was just asking why the states who had senators that made deals for votes would have better treatment under the plan than states who didn't have deals made for them. He didn't think that a state whose senator hadn't sold out should get poorer treatment under the law. The big "0" used the campaign comment to divert the subject. He then went directly to a Democrat. McCain's statement and question did upset Obama though, he got quite testy.

• Oreo
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

He know the plp of Az.are tired of him and the rest of Congress that wants re elected but we arent

Congress dont see this when we are going without at home

The 30 Billion a month for Afghan & Iraq Wars

would give each State 300 Million a month!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Because McCain's brother in law is McDonalds and he's just another fat piece of America that wants health care for himself before his coming soon strokes and heart attacks

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because wasting time with the past is only letting people suffer while politicians purposely pursue their own interests while those who elected them go without health care.

• 10 years ago

McCain wasn't. Obama was however, even took the time to take a cheap shot at McCain over saying that McCain was.

I think McCain said it well when he said he was reminded of that every day. We all are as we see the ridiculousness that is occurring in our government.

• 10 years ago

If you think any of those people were not campaigning you are not very bright. I am sure there will be a plethora of sound bites generated.

• Because he can not get over the fact that a black democratic man beat him. He wants to be president so bad. I think he would die of a heart attack if he did win. He would die from the stress.

• 10 years ago

Because he's got to deal with that tea party guy running against him in Arizona. He's trying to pretend he's a hard core conservative.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.