Chi Guy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did anyone watch the Health Care summit? If so how was it and what is your take on if it was at all productive?

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

I only got to watch a few minutes, but from all of the complaints from Republican posters here on Y/A Obama must have done very well

• Neither side was impressive. Obama wasn't listening and the Reps weren't budging. How many people could have got health Care if the money used on today's circus was put into medicine?

Hot air, both sides. Nothing gained. Waste of time. I took in about 2-3 hrs worth. I think the smartest thing we could do is have all of them removed from office and have a lottery to fill the slots.

think it was an attempt for the left to say they were engaging in bi-partisan discussions so the whiny republicans can't harp on that point anymore. Now, if the Dems are smart they'll push the bill through and forget about humoring a group of Americans who don't want to improve our country at their political livelihoods expense.

It was a complete waste of time - Obama and his henchmen have absolutely no intention of changing anything in their agenda. This monstrosity of garbage with all of it's unconstitutional infringements on States' and individuals' rights will be stuffed down our throats. This has basically become a dictatorship.

• Green

I watched most of it, it was mostly Republicans that support the CPO as having facts, but then denying the claims of the CPO. In the end, Obama basically told the republicans they could **** off and that we are going to do it with our without their support.

Source(s): It is about time Obama grew some balls.

There won't be a new health care bill, so that tells me it was a waste of time.

Source(s): What is the point of a debating the current legislation if we end up with the current legislation?

That the republicans are still spreading lies

They once again mentioned abortion funding which is ALREADY illegal because of the Hyde amendment.

I watched some.

My take is that Republicans knew more about the bill than 0bama.