Has anyone actually done John Casablancas school of modeling/acting and succeeded?

It's my dream to become an actor but never really thought it could happen till I found out about John Casablancas school of modeling/acting. I allway like to research something before I do it, for example P90X; it works and I lost 15pounds in 3 weeks!!! I want ACTUAL RESULTS FROM ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO WHENT THERE. I want factual stories from real people and NO answers from people who havent done it and that means you ELDARODO. I'm not stupid, I know that acting and modeling is a VERY compeditive business so most of you will try to scare me away so you can have no copetition. I got an interview and told me they will call me back in two months (now 1) and they told me to loose as much weight as possible ( now 245 and used to be 260 thanks to P90X ) and also that I will most likely have to cut my long hair otherwise I won't find work. That doesn't sound like they except just anyone PS I'm not bad looking compared to the 1000's of people I see at Mardi Gras (and yes I live in Louisiana) each year but I think they will improve me and make me above average. I believe that some of you would also write bad comments because maybe you couldn't get in. I am 6 foot 1 and very big in size not fat. I weigh 245 and I should be around 212. Im 17 and male with long natural blond hair. Now to review ONLY ANSWERS FROM REAL PEOPLE!!!

Favorite Answer

P90x is great! I did the Insanity Workout which promises similar results in 60 days without weights and a chin up bar. It's A LOT harder than P90x however.

But about John Casablancas...

The ONLY thing that John Casablancas will help you with is becoming $2000 POORER and getting LAUGHED OUT of LA and NY! You do NOT want this "school" on your resume!

I've gone to a few of the JC franchises and given REALLY BAD auditions just to see how selective they were. They obviously were NOT when they called me the next day saying that I got the highest ratings and gave me a chance to attend a few classes for free, RED FLAG!

The JC classes that I went to were overcrowded filled with people who have no business to be actors. They were probably told by the JC people that they also got the highest scores at the audition. The teachers were VERY unqualified. Most of the teachers from what I've gathered were struggling actors with very few credits teaching to pay their bills.

John Robert Powers, Barbizon, and John Casablancas are all SCAMS! They are NOT agencies! They MISLEAD people into thinking that they are, but are NOT. LEGIT Agencies only make money when you do (10% for film/tv and commercials, 20% for commercial print). REAL AGENTS DON'T take $2000 upfront and DON'T make you take their subpar classes. YES! You'll be paying at least $2000 for crappy classes!

A school for modeling is the biggest scam, period! When you get picked up by a LEGIT agency like Ford or Elite, they will teach you or hire coaches. They're not going to reject your resume because "oh, you don't have any modeling classes."

If you don't think they're scams, then go waste thousands of dollars that could go towards good headshots and training from the BEST schools (JRP, JC, and Barb. are NOT the best!) Also, go to a major market like L.A. or N.Y. with those schools on your resume. You'll get LAUGHED out!

Schools like Barbizon, JRP, and JC still exist because there are a lot of suckers trying to get into acting and for the money. They think that going to one school will be the answer and it's not. It's these schools that give them and feed off of those false promises. For every 100 people that go through these scammy schools and lose their money, there will always be that naturally talented kid that gets work and that these scammy schools take credit for.

JRP-Banks on the name of a very famous and DEAD agent. They say that Lucille Ball, John Wayne, Barbara Walters, Heather Locklear, Peter Fonda, Jane Fonda, and many other famous actors went to the school, when NONE of them did! Some of those celebs even threatened legal action for using their names. So you see, they use bait and switch tactics.

John Casablancas-The franchises have been known for unethical business practices and really have nothing to do with the founder's original intentions.

Barbizon-It was popular back in the 70s and 80s. Now these franchises have been known for unethical business practices and false promises. EXPOSED ON DATELINE!

These schools are OVERPRICED and DON'T provide the caliber training that more affordable and REPUTABLE schools like Howard Fine Studios, Ivanna Chubbuck, Upright Citizens Brigade, Groundlings, Second City, Beverly Hills Playhouse, Stella Adler, William Esper Studios, Tom Todoroff, Joanne Baron/D.W. Brown, Margie Haber, etc. do.

Source(s): Working LA actor, Acting Scambuster, and respected contributor to http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee

OneWeekModel is a website for all the people that have ever dreamed about becoming a model.

Every week there is a new competition where all the models have their chance to become the weekly winner.

Your photo will then be displayed large on the main page

Click Here To Register

http://www.oneweekmodel.com/?refID=35e8cf74-0b38-4...

I understand your case completely and have seen it many times before. I owned a modeling school for 8 years. You can visit my website and it seems to explain things easy enough. Just don't rush into anything, there is good and bad situations.