Lance asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

What did you learn from today's "Health Care Summit"?

I watch a little bit and found out that private sector fraud is about 1% versus 20% for government health care programs. I also noticed that the Republicans were talking about the overall costs of health care, while Obama was directing the conversation to insurance company profits which were too big. Republicans were talking about Health Care, and Obama was talking about Insurance.

That's just in the few minutes I watched. I did see McCain mention how Obama mentioned during his campaign 8 times that the original negotiations on this topic would have been broadcasted on C-SPAN instead of done behind closed doors with unseemly deals. Obama responded by saying that the campaign was over.

Best Answer

I learned from Obama's attitude that this whole fiasco was simple minded posturing setting the public up for what is about to be rammed down our throats. Cantor and McCain ruined Obama and all he could say was that the campaign was over instead of addressing McCain. It is clear that Obama is not concerned with health care and that he should have read the bill like the republicans did before he got there.

anyone who thinks obama care is about health care is living in a fantasy world, the whole thing is about control and wealth redistribution

I would trust a private company over the government everyday, I have been to the DMV and I know for a fact that I do not want my health care needs handled in the same way

I have an aunt who lives in Canada, she and I had the same back problem, I saw 7 different surgeons before choosing one, once I did I only had to wait 2 weeks before my surgery, my aunt had to wait 6 months to see a Dr. then another year to see a back surgeon then 14 more months before she could get on the waiting list for surgery

the US health care system is very good, if it wasn't people wouldn't be spending their life saving to come to the US for health care, the only issue that needs to be fixed is how it is paid for, the insurance companies need to be able to offer the same benefits in every state and doctors need to be able to practice medicine without worrying about some stupid pointless law suit

everything the government touches turns to crap, the last thing we need is for the government to ration health care, we have all seen how project that obama represents turn out, one look at the Grove Parc Plaza housing project should convince everyone that obama and the left or right for that matter should have no part in the health care system of the US

Source(s): I watched a few minutes of the summit but had to turn it off because I couldn't stand to listen to obama murder the English language and struggle to put together a coherent sentence My mother, father and sister are all MD's

I learned that the democratic leadership is not going to budge on improving health care, but taking it over. This was never about improvement, it is a huge government takeover, that mandates what care you get, and how you get it. You might need just a minor policy because your young and in good health but will pay exactly what a 66 year old smoker pays. I learned we are going to do this with a deficit that the young will be strapped with as that 66 year old smoker will die before this debt ever gets paid. This plan is like social security and attack on the young workers and will be their cross to bear long after we older folks are gone.

because of the fact they don't the way they have been used. They scouse borrow from the undesirable to offer tax-cuts to the rich in hopes that it trickles backtrack to whom they stole it from. in case you think of they artwork basically look on the deficit spending of Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush and George W Bush. And all of them left recessions! Hate to burst your bubble however the time-honored earnings in 2008 dropped by $2,000, on a similar time as people who're rich are nonetheless getting massive tax-cuts. many do not pay taxes. Nor do companies. He has discovered. Now it is your turn! Why do you think of they observed as "trickle-down" economics "Voodoo Economics"? not because of the fact they worked I assure you. they did not and that they under no circumstances have. Spending comes from the backside up, not the appropriate down! the rich are nonetheless getting their tax-shrink that placed us into deficit spending. Why might we would desire to offer them greater? for the time of Bush and his tax-cuts he extra $14 TRILLION to the deficit. They worked super! Do you somewhat think of Dick Cheney desires one greater $a million,3 million in tax-cuts on a similar time as a million/2 of yank taxpayers earn decrease than $30,000 a year?

This was just political posturing and is supposed to give voters the perception that the democrats are attempting to pass a bipartisan bill. The dems aren't changing any of their terms and prior to this tv show, they indicated that they will try to pass their bill with just 51 votes. This was pure theater. Voters need to teach these guys a lesson in november.

• I really dislike Obama, but have to admit that I'm now more than a little embarrassed for him. He's like the one legged man trying to pole vault. You applaud the effort at first, but after a while, it just gets really, really uncomfortable to watch. It's more than a little pathetic.

And the sad part is, Obama and the left really don't get it. They really don't understand. And this is some basic stuff. Some basic economic, commercial and fiscal principles are at work here that they do not understand. And this guy is running our country. God help us all.

What an elitist and arrogant man this president is. They never intended to listen to the Republicans or any type of common sense. He still plans to cram this down our throats as Big Daddy again claims he knows whats best for all of us, no matter what we have been telling him. Obama believes we are incapable of making our own decisions.

MR

• Tony Z

President Obama has proven once again that he is smarter than the entire GOP.

You sound like a poor loser, having witnessed how the President made the GOP look silly.

I found out that the politicians are more interested in telling heart wrenching little stories than actually addressing the problems and finding solutions.

For president Obama, the campaign is seemingly never over.