How do I increase my PF Usage in Windows XP?

It only shows up about 1.4 GB (That's not the max, but it won't go any higher) when my computer has 4 GB R.A.M and I think it's not using enough PF Usage.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You don't want to have increased PF usage. High PF usage is an indication of low physical RAM and the need for Windows to use slow performing virtual memory (hard disk storage used for memory).

By default, XP creates a pf sized 1.5 times the amount of RAM and places it on the system partition. You can adjust it via Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Advanced -> Virtual Memory - but I see no reason to increase it. Having the need to increase the PF is a sign to buy additional RAM.

When Page file increasing is an indication that you need more physical memory. You have shared video memory and this makes your system not ideal for gaming.You need to add another half gigabyte of memory and use the task manager to control the programs that running in the background