Poll: Do you think Lysacek deserves the gold medal than Plushenko?

Why or Why not?

Favorite Answer

I don't know the technical stuff well enough to say for sure. Plus, I think Plushenko's cute, and I'm Russian and very patriotic, so I'm probably not capable of being impartial. xD I don't think most fans know the scoring well enough to say one way or the other. Either way, they're both very good.

Lysacek EARNED the gold, that's right. He doesn't DESERVE anything!! He earned it with his own sweat and blood! I mean, he says himself that he didn't have a "natural feel for the ice" like other kids. He just worked hard, and has become the best through his hard work. Plushenko was sloppy, out of form, and had almost no artistry. Evan skated beautifully, and had it all: jumps (except for the quad b/c of fear of injury) spins, footwork, artistic ability...everything. Besides, Plushenko has won gold before. He's had his chance to shine. Silver after three years is pretty darn good if you ask me. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't the best. Evan was the best, and that was what the judges saw.

Based on the performances they gave? Yes. Plushenko didn't skate well - plus the first part of his program was basically back crossovers, jump, more back crossovers, jump... I mean, come on, my 13 year old's level 3 program is choreographed better than that, and she did it herself. Plushenko seems to have this obsession with his violinist friend's music, which is all very similar and rather generic, and has forgotten how to interpret.

I'm sorry Plushenko didn't skate well enough to win. I think he's basically a much better skater than Lysacek, both technically and in terms of presentation. But medals are awarded based on the performance on the night. He didn't skate well on the night.

Actually what I'm most sorry about is that Joubert made such a howling mess of his short program that he wasn't in the mix. It would have been a much more interesting competition if he'd been right up there too. I suspect Plushenko got a bit complacent, and if he'd had another quad breathing down his neck he might well have put more into it.

I think Plushenko is probably a better skater overall, but the music wasn't quite right for him and in lacked all the interpretation and artistry in it that he had before.

But on the night Lysacek was the one who pulled through and certainly performed better so he did deserve the medal, but it's a pity Plushenko didn't win- I think it's very impressive still that he managed to come back and do all the jumps after all that time.

:)

• boots6

I think Plushenko is the better skater overall, He just had less than perfect performance that night. So he got 2nd. If he had been perfect, he would have gotten gold.

Based on the Olympic performance, I think Lysacek was the best skater that night, and got the gold he deserved for that performance.

Deserves? Lysacek EARNED the gold medal through solid skating and skating by the rules.

Plushenko's problem was that he thought he "deserved" it so he didn't study the rules to get bonus points and his actual skating in the long program was bad by his own standards. Several of Plushy's jumps were poorly executed and his spins/footwork were sub-par. He GAVE points away and it cost him the competition. Chalk it up to ignorance of the IJS rules, but he also took three years' vacation to play demolition derby with fast cars.

Lysacek is the true Olympic Gold Medalist and since he diligently worked towards this goal for four years instead of waiting until the last minute, he also deserved the win.

EVAN LYSACHEK SKATED A WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE!

Plushenko had many mistakes in his performance.

• ?

YES!

plushenko is a stupid meany who is full of him self, evan hes nice & deserved it even if he didnt do a quad! hey stephane lambiel was the world champion & he didnt even have a triple axel!

Yes and No, they both performed extremely well, why not cut it in half and they both can have the gold