Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 電腦及互聯網程式編寫及設計 · 1 decade ago

draw program and paint program

What is the difference between Draw program and paint program or What is the difference between Bit maps graphics and vector graphics?

Thank you so much!^^

Update:

faster please!Thank you!

4 Answers

Rating
  • Wu
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

draw program is a tool that could create or edit vector graphics. Like Autocad, Microstation, 3D Studio..etc. Paint program is a tool that could create or edit raster/bitmap graphics. Like MSPaint, Photoshop or CorelDraw..etc.

Bitmap graphics remembers only the colors of each pixels of the picture rather than what the picture is about. It is usually used for digital photo retouch or digital painting. When a raster graphic is zoomed, it would be distorted since it only scale up the color of the pixels. Vector graphic is more on the physical model and usually used for engineering design or 3D modelling. Vector graphics programs usually could render the design into raster graphics for photorealistic presentations. When a vector graphic is zoomed, it would not be distorted since it could render the actual design at any scale.

2010-02-26 18:51:07 補充:

Yes, vector graphics are also used for web design or some flash graphics. Windows Clipart can also be vector graphics. However, I don't agree that "vector graphics normally are being used to represent simple shapes, instead of photorealistic scenes comparing to bitmap".

2010-02-26 18:51:12 補充:

There are many movies, including Avatar and most Disney 3D movies, uses vector graphics to build realistic 3D models and render for photo-realistic animations. Vector graphics are also used for most architectural and engineering design and visualization before they were actually built.

2010-02-26 23:52:36 補充:

3D models are definitely vector graphics since it uses 3d coordinates and their relationship to build polygons or surfaces. Please see wikipedia about vector graphics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

• 1 decade ago

Thank you for your help! You all are very kind! Thank you so much! Let me bow to all of you!

• Calvin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

簡單說.....

點陣圖會失真,向量圖不會

以同一幅圖來說

點陣圖之像素愈大,檔案大小就愈大

向量圖會以點,線,面,計算圖片的大小,即使放大100倍,它的大小都不變

• 1 decade ago

Wu's definition of bitmap graphics is fine, but I don't think when people talk about vector graphics they mean CAD/3D.

Vector graphics is a kind of file that use only points, lines (or curves) and faces to represent an image.

The image is "calculated" and re-represent in pixel form(bitmap) when you view it, the process is called "rasterization". (raster image = bitmap graphics)

Vector editing programs include Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW and Inkscape.

Popular format is SVG.

Due to its nature, vector graphics normally are being used to represent simple shapes, instead of photorealistic scenes comparing to bitmap.

Vector graphics are mostly used in web and graphic design, but nearly all will be rasterized before publishing.

Characteristics of vector graphics are:

1) Very smooth curves ( because it is being calculated in maths )

2) Unlimited image size ( a vector graphics can be rasterized to any size you like )

3) Looks "simple" and "clean" (ie, looks unreal) ( this is the general feeling of vector graphics, except those very complex and well done one. For example the Yahoo! Knowledge Bean, it is quite likely (maybe not, but anyway most vector graphics looks like this) to be made in vector way. )

Sorry for my English... I'm not really good at using it.

2010-02-26 21:12:00 補充:

"There are many movies, including Avatar and most Disney 3D movies, uses vector graphics to build realistic 3D models....."

What is the meaning of "uses vector graphics to build realistic 3D models"?

2010-02-26 21:16:14 補充:

Yes, I know 3D models are polygons, but will people normally call a model "vector graphics"???? Just don't understand. Actually this is the first time I heard people calling a model "vector graphics", maybe it is my problem......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.