Do you also think the IOC did a nice job using that smaller ice rink?

Coincidentally it favors the more physical team and we all know who those teams are. Why even have any standards for ice rinks in the first place if they IOC just makes sure that the home teams get the advantage. Are we also gonna change the field in soccer now to make it tougher for a team like Brazil, so the less... show more Coincidentally it favors the more physical team and we all know who those teams are. Why even have any standards for ice rinks in the first place if they IOC just makes sure that the home teams get the advantage. Are we also gonna change the field in soccer now to make it tougher for a team like Brazil, so the less skilled teams can run around and cross check everyone just like they do in hockey?

I mean just think about it, the IOC spends so much money. I wonder who slipped them some money to use that smaller ice rink. It wouldn't have cost them that much to rebuild the ice rink a little. The reason they use it is obvious.
Update: If the IOC and international hockey use the bigger ice rink, then let's use it. All I'm saying is, why do they all of a sudden change it just because the Olympics are in Canada? Maybe to favor the home team???
Update 2: @Justin: At other Olympics they even build ice hockey arenas from the ground up or completely rebuild them. So how would those costs they would have incurred have stood in comparison? It's obvious why they did it.