Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you trust Barack Obama to do what is best for the United States.?

If you say Yes . Why do you think that. And what has he done

to gain or keep that trust,

If you say NO. Why do you think that, And what has he done

to break that trust,

This is not a partisan question, Just a straight up one.

Buddah, You had a super majority

and did not accomplish a thing.

How is that a republicans fault.

Favorite Answer

Man, I should not have read this question. I laughed so hard I almost popped my aneurysm.

I never trusted Obama, how could I. How can anyone? Prior to running for president he was only known in Chicago, the most corrupt city in America from the most corrupt state in America.

He spent 20 years going to a Church that I will just say was controversial and had associates that were known to be unrepentant terrorists and was just a little to bit close to a man that was convicted of offering bribes to state government officials, he even had help from this man to purchase the very home he lives in.

All of this are things that we know, the biggest issue is in what we do not know and Obama is not about to let us in on any of his secrets, he had all of his college records and his birth records sealed. He (Obama) claims to have attended Columbia University, more than 400 people from his graduating class were interviewed and not one single person remembers him, not Barrack Obama, not Barry Obama, not Barrack Soreto nor Barry Soreto.

Even if I were to dismiss these things, Obama has not really done anything in his first year to inspire trust. Rather than to work on the pressing needs of this country he has spent the majority of his time pushing health care reform.

Even if we all agree that we need health care reform, should we spend $1 trillion on it when the national debt is already soaring? The jobs stimulus which cost us $787 billion ($842 billion when all is said and done) created or saved 1.7 million according to his numbers. Is a job saved or created worth the $462,000 that each of these jobs cost us? I think it would have been better to give each unemployed person a check for $50,000. That money would have saved many homes, provided food and other necessities allowing the unemployed to actively seek full time employment.

I trust Obama about as far as I can throw the Jackass they use as a mascot.

@Buddah:

A brick wall, when Obama entered office they had absolute power, the republicans were unable to stop any legislation in either house. Not until Brown enter congress were the republicans able to even attempt a filibuster.

@biggie,

Protect our country, that sounds good but how has it been going. Lets not forget the attack by a Muslim on Fort Hood Tx or the attempted bombing of the flight to Detroit. Before you or anyone else gives me that shoe bomber crap, that happened before Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.

To his credit Obama did take responsibility

• Deb M

More than the republicans...but can you really trust anyone completely? But I do think Obama is steering this country in the right direction. The Stimulus plan, the health care reform, Lily Ledbetter just to name a few. What people fail to realize is the republicans in the '90s screwed the people big time with health care. Had Hillary's plan been adopted, we would not be in the shape we are in today! And people would be paying half of what they pay today! Yet Bob Dole...republican...said the American people did NOT deserve the same health care as congress.

Yes.

He is the commander in chief. You may disagree with his policies or decisions but they are always in the best interests of the United States and its people.

Judging from certain negative responses, it would appear that your question was taken as partisan by a number of members.

I didn't support George W. Bush but at least I knew that he was always acting in the best interests of the country.

Positively not. He is inexperienced; made very poor judgements, has a Socialist agenda which I don't want any part of; has little respect for the people of the nation and their thoughts and ideas; is ready to jam a Health Care Bill that most do not want down our throats without even considering the fact that we simply cannot afford it. He has bribed, cheated and stolen his way into office, rewarding the corrupt group (Acorn) which he has long associated with and yet has denied that fact. He has been an apologist for our Nation and it's people while on foreign soil and has made a mockery of the office of President. I don't like him, don't trust him and have had more than enough of his policies. Is that enough?

I don't trust him anymore then I'd trust a Republican. Both parties have been bought off by corporations so it really doesn't matter who's in office; they're both going to screw us. Until the American people have the guts to vote third party/independent this is how it's gonna be; one disappointing president after another.

Source(s): Independent liberal
  • Paul

Obama is the Tiger Woods of the political world

Obama worshiped the Kennedy's and even adopted Ted Kennedy Dog~~BO

Democrats always seem to turn a stunning victory into a miserable failure

LBJ? CARTER? Bill (Monica) Clinton

even Al Gore and John Kerry were pathetic

Obama will be worse then any of the above~~and he is only in office ONE YEAR

whoops~~he took another slip

Source(s): who is the MORON NOW?
  • Buddha

I trust him, its only been a year and the only reason he hasnt done more is because he keeps hitting a brick wall with republicans. He has a good head on his shoulders and the rest of the world leaders have taken a liking to the guy so the best we can do is hope the republicans ease up and let him try and do his job

Yes I trust him.. actually alot. He will protect the nation and look for peace. Its gonna be hard because Bush almost ruined the country with his Pro Israel actions. Obama is going to be criticized alot before people look at him as another great president... Kinda like Jackie Robinson in baseball. Obama is the best man for the country right now. the people voted right.

I don't trust most Democrats because they believe that bit by bit, the federal government should take over more aspects of our lives. That's also taking over our freedom, so Democrats are wrong for America and 0bama is part of that wrong track for our country.

No I have never trusted him and I never will. The company he keeps, his appointments to his administration, his world apology tour, his catering to the enemy and his policies prove to me that he despises this country and will do anything and everything he can to destroy our nation.