Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

does rap start violence?

give me a time when rap has started something violent plz... its urgent!

Favorite Answer

You know what i wanted to change my answer after i thought about it.

How ignorant are you? If i was to pull out a story from the bible about how god caused a great flood that killed everyone and then just left it at that would that be fair to say? No because god did more then that, for instance Eminem did a lot of violent songs with D12 but he also did "when I'm Gone" "Sing For The Moment" "Hailee's Song" and thats just to name a few, and those aren't violent those have emotion, and it's not just Eminem look at Tupac he did a lot of violent song's but he also did "Baby Don't Cry" and "Dear Mamma" and those aren't violent. Now i don't know about you but I've had a hard life, and i can't get counseling so those song's help when I'm depressed, or feeling lonely, and there are also times when i feel on top of the whole worlds and songs like Empire State of Mind, and Run This Town by Jay-Z make me feel even better.

Besides its not like Rap is the only music to be violent Rock is just as violent, and don't even get me started about Metal.

"They say music can alter moods and talk to you

Well can it load a gun up for you , and c0ck it too

Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude

Just tell the judge it was my fault and i'll get sued

See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols

And they want to get one cause they think the sh!t's cool

Not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers

Of course the sh!t's affectin' our sales, you ignoramus

But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our

checks in the mail

It's ****** up ain't it

How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any f*ckin'

thing that we wanted

That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing

Except for a dream, and a f*ckin' rap magazine

Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long

Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs

Or for anyone who's ever been through **** in their lives

Till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die

Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe

We're nothin' to you but we're the f*ckin' **** in they eyes

That's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and

hold it

Cause we consider these minutes golden

And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone

Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our

songs and we can..." - Sing For The Moment- Eminem

Never has hip hop/rap started violence. Police brutality is not a figment of imagination. It started before it was put into lyrics of songs.

• Edith

If any reg on here said what kadie said, they'd have 6 thumbs ups instead of 6 thumbs downs. All you guys are elitist hypocrites. If kadie went and talked about Rakim or Big Daddy Kane on another question and you saw that, you'd support what she just said right here. But you assume she's a teenie bopper and only knows Eminem based on her name and because she doesn't have Nas or Meth as her avatar (and because she thought this was a real question) so you shoot her down. Kadie said "But there are some inspirational rappers out there." and didn't name who they are, so you guys ASSUME. If some reg said "But there are some inspirational rappers out there like Common and Mos Def", that guy would have 7 thumbs ups. For all we know she could be talking about guys like that. You guys support your own and thumbs down outsiders. Most of you are fake and live a lie on here. It's like high school on here with your little cool club. @"The Mother Effer" You know its true, you're just not real or honest enough to admit it so you thumbs me down like your buddies will. @"@J: Kadie clearly thinks I am serious" and? she's not part of your cool club so how's she supposed to know you guys troll and hate Eminem. It'd be a real question if any 18 year old white kid with blonde hair asked it so it's an easy mistake to make. @"and she is clearly an Eminem Stan." Is it really that clear? Because I only saw her mention Eminem once, and that would make sense since the topic of the question is Eminem. You're assuming that because she gave him props she's a stan. You're just a kid dude, all of you are. I bet none of you are older than 26 because you all play high school games on here and talk like children. Your frontal lobes haven't fully developed yet. If there's anything worse than an Eminem stan, it's a pretentious elitist kid that got into hip hop with 50 cent and Eminem and now pretends like he didn't and is better than everyone else. Which would describe 99% of you guys.

• Jesus

Rap is almost all about gangs, drugs and sex. A large part of the Rap audience is younger and people take from what they hear in Rap songs, and become violent. Many people join gangs, and start doing drugs, and having sex at a young age.

Source(s): I have seen this happen to kids in my town.

Rap is just music. It cannot physically do anything.

public enemy fight the power--- i don't think that it is made to start violence but it was made to make people think, but i think it made people angry and made them want to fight. And just think of the title it is called FIGHT the POWER!

Hope i helped

Source(s): love of music

No, people start violence.

no

dumb@sses like you make me want to start violence

i guess kind of because they make it seem cool