Recently told my boyfriend(well ex) now, that I have herpes from the past.I am distraught, he dumped me.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Please help. We just started dating and we knew each other from high school(20 yrs ago). He showed me extreme interest and wanted to spend time with me. Then I told him about my ...show more
Best Answer
I think he had a guilty moment then get freaked out on you, or he was leading you on. Maybe he didn't realize what he was getting into until the 2nd time or some one filled his head with a bunch of BS about herpes. Or maybe he has just been busy or out of town, but you have been calling him. I think it's shame on him for leading you on....seriously he even called you his girl friend. If he's a good guy he wouldn't do that then not call for 2 weeks. Stop calling him then see what happens. But I don't think he is the right guy for you even if you have known him that long.
Any one that rejects you over this stupid disease is not worth being with. Believe it or not there are some accepting people out there that will care more about you then you having herpes. It may take some time and or determination but you will find some one. If you're really stuck there are dating sites for people with stds and herpes.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • fastplayer37 answered 4 years ago
    I really dont think its the herpes in this case b/c he slept with you and then he continued to sleep with you after he knew. So he took a risk anyways. I think he was just a jerk in general and had a good time and then moved on. Too bad he was someone you thought you could trust espeically someone from 20 years ago. Its hard when you have herpes and date. I was in the same situation and often times i dont say anything either b/c like you , the heat of the moment. But i always take my meds if i know im going to be active and i havent passed it on. I did give it to my exboyfriend but he knew about my condition and slept with me for over two years! He did get the virus. He was mad after we broke up but i didnt feel bad b/c i told him right away in our relationship.

I want to give you hope b/c ijust got together with a guy i knew 15 years ago. We have been hanging out for about three years on and off and finally he asked me to be his girlfriend. Things started getting steamy and i was so afraid to tell him. I told him that i caught the virus six years ago and he deosnt care! I couldnt believe it! He likes me so much that he doesnt even judge me. He even loves having oral sex withme. Im clean and i dont have anything of course. I take my meds and warned him tha ti would tell him if i felt somthing starting. So there is hope. Its rare i know but im still in shock! Its not easy telling people you have herpes.

If i was you, just continue to date and meet people. Dont tell them anything until things in the relationshp get more serious and you start sleeping together. they dont nee dto know everything right away. Its a hard thing to do. Do what you think is right. Take meds if you have to to help spread the virus. This works very well. too.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • LuvMyGirls answered 4 years ago
    I don't think it's because of herpes. This guy had sex with you and now he's moved on. He is a loser. I have genital herpes and have never had a guy reject me because of that. I always use condoms and some guys even want to not wear them but I say no.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Darn Kewl answered 4 years ago
    Never give up hope. Being sad will make things worst so do/think something that cheer you up.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • shadylady25 answered 4 years ago
    My friend was recently dating a guy who repeatedly told her how much he liked her, called her his 'girlfriend' and said that he was after a serious reationship. The dated for about 6 weeks, him continuing to be attentive and interested. When she finally had sex with him, (being the kind of girl who wanted to get to know a guy first) he dumped her by text. He pretended he was really interested in her as a person, waited until he got laid, then dumped her. And she is an extremely beautiful girl.

Honestly, I don't think it had ANYTHING to do with your genital herpes and how you told him. I think he just, to use your words, 'blew you off like some stranger' once he got his wicked way with you. Honestly, don't take it as a comment on your herpes. I really think he was just a jerk.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kiara answered 4 years ago
    With the way the economy is today, your health is the one area of your life that you need to invest into. That is why getting tested regularly is a great advantage for both partners. This will help promote honesty within relationships and can possibly cut down on infidelity. When it comes to your health, don’t be at risk of not knowing, or knowing too late.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • badass answered 4 years ago
    honestly, i think you blew it.

you should have told him that u had herpes BEFORE you slept with him so he could have made up his mind then. maybe u gave him herpes!!! u just dont know. if u cared, u would have told him.

sorry but thats my opinion.... talk to him to see where ye stand tho.
    u could check dating sites for people with STD's.....?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    **** that , lets get married and we will just **** give me herpes and we can live happily ever after , yeahyaaaaaaa
    • 1
    • Comment
  • japofu answered 4 years ago
    LOL your lonely xD
    im not ungly either... hehehe LOL

Source(s):

losers like my friends
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock