Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 10 years ago

Is there a difference between stage 1 food & stage 2?

Ive been giving me 7 month old stage 2 food, And it seems to me that there's only more in the jar then stage 1, is that the only difference?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

That and some of the stage 2 food gets thicker with more chunks in it, so baby can start practicing chewing.

I'd think it's find to give the stage 2 just be aware if he/she gets a big bite that they are able to handle it and not swallow it whole.

Good luck!

Source(s): Mom of 1 + 1 on the way!
  • 4 years ago

Stage 1 is pureed food for a 4-6 month old. Stage 2 is a little chunkier and is made for babies 6-8 months with their first teeth. If your child ate a whole jar of sw. potatoes, he is ready for stage two. My advice, try giving him a least one jar, then 1/2 of a second. His appetite must be really good! Stage 3 comes when child is 9-12 months and has more teeth. These foods are real similar to adult food, just small portions.

• 10 years ago

there is more texture in the stage 2 foods than the stage 1.

Source(s): mommy of 2
  • 10 years ago

Just size and texture. Stage 2 is just a bit less runny/watery. I believe the options of choices are also greater.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Stage one is easier to help to start to expand their diet, stage 2 is to make money and make parents believe their kids need it.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

1. Larger jars

2. Slightly thicker texture

3. Mixtures rather than single foods, and some foods contain starchy fillers. (Read labels to avoid the foods that are mostly just starch. These are typically the 'dinners' and 'desserts.')

• : )
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

i think it's a little lumpier.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.