does the bible ever gave a hint to solomon's ethic background.?
How is being Hebrew an Ethicity.
Was bathsheba African or Persian?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Solomon's father ,David, was a Jew.His mother's father Eli-am was a Gilonite.
2 Samuel 23:34 Eliphelet son of Ahasbai the Maacathite,
Eli-am son of Ahithophel the Gilonite
2 Samuel 11:3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, "Isn't this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?"Source(s): The Bible
- Anonymous1 decade ago
We know his Geneology, through David, Ruth, Boaz et all. He was from the tribe of Benjamin (through David) which means we can trace him all the way back to Adam Bathsheba aka Mom is a little less clear
- RubymLv 71 decade ago
Since he was the King of Israel and his father David, was Jewish, and I forget who his mother was, but I assume she was Jewish, I'd guess, Jewish, an Israelite.
Ruth was the grandmother of David and she was from Moab, current day Jordan, I think, so he was what we might now call part Arab, I'm not sure if that is an accurate term at the time.
- imrodLv 71 decade ago
Yes, we know some of the ancestry of his father and mother. He was a Hebrew.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Idanre MagusLv 61 decade ago
Whether you mean "ethic" or "ethnic," it is still an interesting question either way.
His Ethics would come from their interpretation of The Law of God by Moses- which he pretty much (*Bleep!*)ed on, toward the end of his life.
His "Ethnicity" was Jewish. He was an Israelite, who could trace his lineage back to Adam and Eve.
AND it shall be, when thou art come in unto the Land which the LORD thy God
giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein;
2. That thou shalt take of the first of all the Fruit of the Earth,
which thou shalt bring of thy Land that the LORD thy God giveth thee,
and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place
which the LORD thy God shall choose to place His Name there.
3. And thou shalt go unto the priest that shall be in those days, and say unto him,
"I profess this day unto the LORD thy God,
that I am come unto the country which the LORD
sware unto our fathers for to give us."
4. And the priest shall take the basket out of thine hand,
and set it down before the altar of the LORD thy God.
5. And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God,
"A Syrian ready to perish was my father,
and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few,
and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous:
6. "And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us,
and laid upon us hard bondage:
7. "And when we cried unto the LORD God of our fathers,
The LORD heard our voice, and looked on our affliction,
and our labour, and our oppression:
8. "And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a Mighty Hand,
and with an outstretched Arm, and with Great Terribleness,
and with Signs, and with Wonders:
9. "And He hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this Land,
even a Land that floweth with milk and honey.
10. And now, behold, I have brought the Firstfruits of the Land,
which Thou, O LORD, hast given me."
And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:
11. And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing
which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee,
and unto thine House, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
Therefore, Solomon's Ethnic background is "Syrian."
- primoa1970Lv 71 decade ago
He was a Jew............from the line of David
- 1 decade ago
Ethic ... Ethnic