What happens to the children on the Christian bus when they have to go to real school?

Christian School only goes up to grade 7 or 8. After that, they are basically "thrown to the wolves"....I mean, high school is hard enough as it is for regular public school kids....it must be horrible for these Christian school kids....I kinda feel sorry for them whenever I see that bus.

No, the nearest Christian high school is a 6 hour drive south, and it's not one that JW's or Evangelicals (or whoever they are...the side of the bus just says "Christian School") will let their children go to.

Thank you all for your kind and informative answers. I will take your advice to heart, and I hope that I can sort out this internal dilemma without further ado.

• Favorite Answer

Why would you feel sorry for them? Many Christian schools are just as good, if not better, than their public school counterparts. Especially Catholic schools. Also, many of them do go through high school as well.

Really, kids in most Christian schools learn the same things everyone else does, with more of an emphasis on the Bible. They still learn grammar, science, math, history, literature, et cetera. Several Christian private schools in my hometown (Tacoma, WA) score higher than most of the public schools.

I'd rather be on the Christian school bus, then riding on the short bus with you. But anyways like normal kids, many Christian kids go on to Christian High Schools, or public high schools, or they get home schooled. Heck I bet there are a hand full that go to continuation school or drop out all-together. Just because they went to a Christian school doesn't mean they're abnormal members of society.

They have the advantage because they take the Lord along with them everywhere they go : ) In reality I know kids can be cruel, but hopefully they are taught in the Christian school how to handle the affairs of the secular world and have a strong enough faith to get them through knowing that with God all things are possible.

• You are feeling horrible for children who have been taught to trust in the love, guidance and under-girding of the very God that spoke the world into existence and is returning again to claim His rightful throne.

I will just say politely - don't waste another moment of your time worrying about the wrong people.

Christian kids got HELL in high school when I was still in high school, back 6 years ago. One kid got the crap beaten out of him for disrespecting this Muslim kid and saying his religion was wrong.

Lol i was removed from christian school in 4th grade got my *** kicked for one year then became a known trouble maker throwing things and cussing at teachers..

You don't have Christian/Catholic High Schools in your city? We do in Los Angeles.

That's why my daughter has been home schooled since the second grade.

Nothing happens. They grow up to be self-serving, money grubbing jerks like the rest of us.

(And some of them pay the cholos protection money to keep the bullies at bay)

A lot of them are home schooled.