looking to sell used HP Pavillion dv6000. Any idea for suggested prices?

I have a dv6000 that I am looking to sell. It is in good condition minus needing a new fan. I got a 12-cell battery within the last 6 months and decided I am just ready to upgrade to a newer laptop. It doesn't have the camera on it, but other than the fan it is in wonderful condition. Wondered if someone might be able to give me some ideas.

Favorite Answer

They sell for around $200 because of this.

The issue with the DV2000, DV6000, DV9000, TX1000, F500, F700, D620, D630, D820, and D830 laptops happens to be both your fan, video memory, and video card.

If you update your BIOS that will help with the overheating, and update your video card drivers directly from Nvidia for the GO6150 series.

If you do not update these files, you will need to have a BGA reflow service to fix your chipsets to restore your wireless and video. What will happen is you will get no video, all blue lights, and the system will cycle on and off every 1 to 2 minutes.

Hp Pavilion Dv6000 Price

Get and run CCleaner, also run disc cleanup and make sure to clear out the most recent restore point and any and all temp files. Ccleaner has the option to delete uninstall programs for updates, this not only makes ones that aren't installed redownload, but it also clears up a bunch of useless crap (hence the name C cleaner which stands for crap cleaner) If you are running XP you can go to microsoft update and go through the list of installed updates and any that show as errors you can get directly from the site.......its also possible the updates that are trying to install fail because they are already installed. If Vista you can do basically the same thing but its more detailed as the update site won't scan it'll force you to use the built-in updater but at least that'll tell you what you have downloaded and what hasn't installed yet. Then you do the same thing, go to the microsoft site and find the direct links to the updates you are having errors with.

• ?

I will bid $10.