Pokemon Fire red save error using GBA emulator.?

When i try to save on fire red using the GBA emulator it says "save error." and then "Please exchange the backup memory" What should i do?!

Please help quick!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are trying to use the save in the in-game menu, then I believe that doesn't work on emulators. But don't fret, here's what you do instead. Go to file and use the save. So then whenever you open the game, click load, and click on the game's name and there your game is where you left off.

• Ron4 years agoReport

This method does not work for the after game though because after you beat the elite four the game brings you back to the starting screen where you could normally choose your save and continue to the after but since you never saved in game you will be stuck there and not be able to continue

• 3 years ago

Pokemon Red Rom Gba

• 10 years ago

Hi!

your problem is not necessarily due to a corrupt rom.. I had the same problem and this how i fixed it:

if you are using VbA emulator you will have to star a new game, you have to go to Options (located at the top of the window) then click on Emulator, then Save Type, and change from flash 64k to flash 128k (uncheck evrything else but flash 128 and Automatic)

now you should be able to save within the game

Hope I helped, good luck!

Source(s): personal experience
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

i too had the same problem when i started fire red, so i know exactly what is the problem you are having.....

this happens due to the corrupted rom. using the save state is not the in-game[pkmn] data save, so it wont enable\save the gamepay after the e4 part and the real world trading you do in any stage. so the only way out is to get a good working rom file, which is of course, very rare for fire red.....

[ps:only if you are interested, i will post the link from where i got my copy of WORKING fire red rom....]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Use save states/slots in the file menu. File > save game > save (slot number)

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

that's a great question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.