promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jameson asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

DO YOU THINK PLUSHENKO SHOULD BE MAD HE LOST TO LYSACEK?

And why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No i don't think he should be mad...why? I actually watched the competition & Lysacek was just better all around...PERIOD. Plushenko made at least 2 noticable mistakes(little one's) but noticable. His choreography was no where near as good as Evan's. He should just be a "good sport" and let it go....you can't win'em all dude.

Source(s): NBC...watched it.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Although Plushenko skated a better technical program, Lysacek's program was greater overall. It just comes down to a matter of judgement. The quad does not make you an olympic champion, if Lysacek could beat Plushenko without a quad, that alone says he was more deserving of olympic gold. Plushenko just feels a bit rotten because of all the pressure put upon him by Russia to succeed in these olympics so there would be momentum for Russian skating heading into the 2014 Sochi games.

• 1 decade ago

If he did the best he could have done, then Plushenko should not be mad. When you do your best and its not enough then you can't complain. What you can do is take pride in the fact you did your best.

If he did not do the best he could have done, then he should be disappointed and maybe angry with himself for not meeting his own capability.

I think Plushenko had unreasonable expectations. He thought since he was the only one doing a Quad jump, then he should win. That is the right way to look at it if a Quad jump is mandatory and he was the only who did it. But a Quad is not mandatory.

All in all I think he and his coach were certain the Quad would be all that was needed and they were both wrong. Perhaps Plushenko might have known better. But, his coach for certain should have known better.

• 1 decade ago

No not at all

Plushenko did not do his triples prefect

He land his quad, but his skate was not prefect and made mistakes on his triple

Lysacek, skated prefect and should get the gold

If Plushenko were prefect he would of got the gold

Plunshenko should except his silver and the fact that he made mistakes and that is why he got the silver. If he was prefect he would be gold

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • (;
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

In my honest opinion, I really think Plushenko should've gotten over it by now. But no, he decides to award himself a platinum medal. Pathetic, much?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because he has a quad in his program does not mean that he should have beaten Evan...Evan had way better artistry and footwork, if you really look at plushenko's footwork it is so slow, and not as hard, i could even do his footwork (at the same speed)! Evan was also way more fluent in his jumps, and he showed a lot more consistency! Plushenko fell on his quad, so it didn't even count, and he cheated a lot of his jumps!

I agree with the judges, and think that the standing were more than fair, but also forgiving(in plushenko's case)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wendy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, he really needs to watch his performance. I saw shaky landings and comical choreography. His pride is just hurt. Deep down, he knows he was mediocre. Johnny Weir skated better than him, and didn't even medal. He's not crying.

• 1 decade ago

I think he should try to salvage some dignity and act like an adult.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.