() asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Greece · 10 years ago

Germany from all people judges Greece in the most negative way?A country which is responsible for WW1 and WW2?

I mean let's be realistic our politics suck,our politicians are greedy and corrupt pigs, a good % of Greek citizens are the same and we all see it in our every day life , but Germany ??????Germany??????The people who are responsible for 2 worldwide wars and over 100 million dead people?Or we forget the fact that Europe WHICH WAS THE super power of the world for almost 2 millenniums, became the dog of USSR and USA only because Hitler attacked to murder and steal everything from every European country he could and made most of European countries looking like 3rd world countries for decades after the end of WW2?

Also as for our European brothers in the EU that now judges us,in many things i agree with them,BUT WHEN THE EU EVER MADE US FEEL CONFIDENT WITH OUR "EUROPEAN" BORDERS that are violated by Turkish air forces daily or the Aegean sea or the Macedonian issue etc etc?EUROS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We all know France,UK,Germany has done nothing for their "European" borders in south Europe only because they sale us TONS OF MILITARY EQUIPMENT SO WE CAN FEEL SECURE AGAINST THE TURKISH PERMANENT THREAT AND THEY DO NOT CARE TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT CAUSE THEY LIKE ALL THE MONEY WE PAY THEM YEAR BY YEAR!

Seriously if i am wrong now,Greeks or foreigners please let me know how am i wrong and remember i blame first and most from all the Greek Politicians and the ones who stole the money,BUT LET'S NOT FORGET THE NEGATIVE CONTRIBUTION OF OUR EUROPEAN "BROTHERS" WHO DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ALL THIS TIME BUT JUDGE US AND POINT US WITH THEIR FINGER NOW!

PS

I also wonder when Germans will pay us the money the owe us from WW2 and when Brits will return our damn Marbles which they stole!THEY BELONG TO US!

Update:

Skatogonoi : ADE GAMISOU RE MOUNOPANO EPITELOUS ESY KAI TA 100 SOU PROFIL!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Wow! Hot stuff. Some of you are overreacting. The publication is despicable and in very poor taste. But so is Focus. The financial crisis instigated by the US is hitting everybody in a very bad way. GB and the US are in a similar situation. Germany is not any better. Governments have always used the scapegoat technique to divert their population's attention to other problems "more serious threats from abroad" At the same time Greece is an 'experiment'. How the Greeks solve this will have profound implications on how the rest of them will solve their similar problems. There is more brouhaha now than when Iceland actually went bankrupt. As to war reparations etc all true and we have not given up. it is still an open issue. There are tremendous financial interest invested in this general area of the eastern Mediterranean. There are ways to protest and losing your cool and reverting to colorful idiom is not one of the ways. The whole purpose of a provocation is to get a reaction. The trick is to find a way of taking the teeth out of it. It is also very possible that Focus couldn't care less about the whole affair except for the increase of circulation. To make a point. On TV last night they were out in the streets showing everybody the magazine and asking for public opinion. There was at least one(i saw it) who thought the cover was excellent. ("sumfonw kai epafxano" he said)! Now all of Greece knows the Magazine. Not very smart. But then the media are in the bussines of making money.

Afta. Is top here because I'm starting to rant.

• 4 years ago

So, first of all read 'Mein Kampf' (though you might actually have done that already...), therein it is clearly stated that one of Hitlers main goals was to extinguish the Jews. And I just want to comment on this part here: "- Unified with Austria in Anschluss in 1938 after 98% of Austrians approve Unification with Germany in a plebiscite (Austrian unification with Germany was prohibited under the Versailles Treaty)" For the record, there were a few Austrian supporters who wanted the Aschluss, but not that many. Do you know why 98% said yes to Hitler? Because this was no anonymous vote. The poll took place after Hitler had marched into Austria and while all the people were saying yes or no to him a few german soldiers were looking over their shoulders and the ones who voted no were killed. So the 2%? Dead. I wouldn't say WWI was Germany's fault and the Treaty of Versailles was pretty dumb in hindsight, Hitler had a lot to do with WWII and Germany and also Austria and the opposing countries could have stopped Germany when it had run low on money (if they'd known) before the Anschluss and hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. But it's dumb to want to blame one person, country whatever for a World War. For any war or violence, there's always a cause for an effect and if you want to blame enything it's gotta be the human nature. So the point is not to blame someone and go club him in revenge, but to think about how those things can be avoided, because if you're assigning blame you've got to believe they were pointless, right? And think about the real problems we as humans face and not the ones we fabricate. Poverty, Hunger, the Ozon layer, how you're gonna tell that guy or girl you have a crush on in time for Valentines Day, you choose.

• 10 years ago

Germany already owes to Greece

•7,610 billion dollars ( Paris Peace Consulation 1946) for the destroy they made the German military during ww2

•3,500 billion dollars for the loan that Axis power forced us to give them ( money calculated in today's money is more than 70 billion)

•Stolen historical artifacts, that are now in German museums

Don't even to mention the compensation from the holaucasted villages and towns

You see, Germans have a short memory when it comes of what they have to pay.

As for Partila C, cloning again.

Don't bother Omirou Apogonoi

He is nothing more than an Albanian immigrant in Greece, that has been sent beck, because they caught them stealing.

He comes from a country that back in the 90s, had the highest criminality rate in the world, and still has quite high due to human trafficking, drug trafficking and organ selling.

I prefer being part of a corrupted country when it comes to money, but with nice people,instead of being part of a country that is only famous for criminals, and not ''light'' ones.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

the USA was responsible for WW2 But they always Know when where and How to Make Money

Hitler was funded By the Rockefeller's in the Belief Hitler would Go to war with the Communists he took the Money and Honored the Agreement

the USA never did anything to stop him whilst the UK was Trying Appeasement

Hitler took all this as approval and of he went

America with the collusion of the vice-chairman of the U.S. War Production Board in partnership with Göring's cousin in Philadelphia when American forces were desperately short of them? Or that such arrangements were known about in Washington and either sanctioned or deliberately ignored?

For the government did sanction dubious transactions—both before and after Pearl Harbor. A presidential edict, issued six days after December 7, 1941, actually set up the legislation whereby licensing arrangements for trading with the enemy could officially be granted.

Often during the years after Pearl Harbor the government permitted such trading. For example, ITT was allowed to continue its relations with the Axis and Japan until 1945, even though that conglomerate was regarded as an official instrument of United States Intelligence.

No attempt was made to prevent Ford from retaining its interests for the Germans in Occupied France, nor were the Chase Bank or the Morgan Bank expressly forbidden to keep open their branches in Occupied Paris. It is indicated that the Reichsbank and Nazi Ministry of Economics made promises to certain U.S. corporate leaders that their properties would not be injured after the Führer was victorious.

Thus, the bosses of the multinationals as we know them today had a six-spot on every side of the dice cube. Whichever side won the war, the powers that really ran nations would not be adversely affected.

And it is important to consider the size of American investments in Nazi Germany at the time of Pearl Harbor. These amounted to an estimated total of $475 million. Standard Oil of New Jersey had $120 million invested there; General Motors had $35 million; ITT had $30 million; and Ford had $17.5 million. Though it would have been more patriotic to have allowed Nazi Germany to confiscate these companies for the duration—to nationalize them or to absorb them into Hermann Göring's industrial empire—it was clearly more practical to insure them protection from seizure by allowing them to remain in special holding companies, the money accumulating until war's end. It is interesting that whereas there is no evidence of any serious attempt by Roosevelt to impeach the guilty in the United States,

reason FDR was afraid of Upsetting Corporate USA whose Cooperation was desperately needed to win the War in the Pacific

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Knight...i dont know why ur fretting ..every body knows germans are only good at making great cars..and being great machinst... ..they have failed @ everything else 2 great wars lost both times with thier tails between thier legs.. the cant ame thier own money they have to pick at gold fillings to siupply thier coffers..and they certainly are not good at polotics and yes u talk about greece being corupptt... man u wana see what the germans get up too,..

so dont worry what they saying its all KRUP.....if u get the punn?

you see knight each country has its heros and its short cummings never belive in what others talk about u .no one knows the truth better than ur own council..and mate ..no country pays back retrebution through war crimes..in fact i think only 2 countrys have in all the world..and thye where some south east asin countrys...dont hold ur breath for that money ..lol

what u should do in the future when a companylike semens wants to operate in greece .. greece should demand ... at least 1/3 of all profits..from that comapny..

we cant afford to be stupid...

1ST PRINCIPLE OF BUSSINES....

ur demands must be meet and u set the demands..not them especially when u own the land..

And if some one says well we are feedign ur poor lot think about it as they have empty pockets and our lot are makign them rich so we must not be stupid and allow them to walk away with OUR HARD WORK... after all many hands make light work and u need many hands ..brains can only direct..

Source(s): ohh yes they are great beer drinkers too,and brat wurst eaters..and second to amsterdam,,hamburg is biggest drug distrubution hub in the world. .. but in the end knight its all a game..... so dotn frett just get even...
  • Emma K
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I'm still waiting for those reparations from the Treaty of Versailles that Hitler refused to pay ;)

I have no idea how Germany has been judging Greece to be honest...

I don't believe Turkey is still a threat to Greece, and the fact that we spend so money on military equipment and the army is ridiculous. yes, I blame the greek politicians as well, the government is very corrupt.

Leave the marbles where they are... they're safe there at least, you never know if they will be safe in Greece lol

We need help from Europe now and it's quite serious... if they can get us from that mess that we're in, let them have the fvcking Parthenon!

• 10 years ago

Wow! Here are the English! Popped out of nowhere to criticize us. If nothing functions in Greece they must return to their country then. The German magazine attacked the Greeks not the other way. Are we supposed to sit down and not react? This is what English would do but we are not English.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If Germany attacked the French front would the Italians be coming up the rear i ask.The trouble with the EU is that it consists of so many different cultures which don't mix politically even if they do economically

• 10 years ago

This is what my fiance said when he saw the Focus cover and he is not a Greek.

They had no right to insult the Greek flag. They say "Your Government fooled us, all the Greeks are liers". Then we must respond "Hitler and many Germans were Nazis, so all of the German people are Nazis". Is this fair enough? Complitely racist!

• 10 years ago

History is history - most countries have something that history must pay for.

HOWEVER - today is today .... I AM SICK TO DEATH of hearing Greeks blame everyone for their own wrong doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put the persons responsible for the lies to EU in prison MAKE the feckin' rich who stole - pay back the money! Look into all and I mean ALL politicians' lives and see where the money is and what they've been claiming for. MAKE ALL tax dodgers on every level pay their taxes - wake up and shape up - do your job and enforce laws!

Today for example - the teachers are on strike because they are having a cut to their wage - they in my opinion deserve a bloody cut - they DO NOT fulfil their job description - as with many parents I pay out for a teacher at home 180 euro - French (50e) English (50 euro) Dance (because everyone does - not because I want to) 60 euro - Volley 20euro ( same reason as before). The latter two are extra but the others are needed because FECKIN' teachers do not TEACH!!!!!!!! Useless pieces of crap. My eldest daughter's teacher even gave a maths problem which was impossible to answer because she had done it wrong!

The airport has come to a standstill today - how much money has Greece lost in a day with a closed airport? To get the country back on its feet we have to do what we can and stop expecting someone else to foot the bill for this corrupt country!

If Germany were asking Greece to fork out there would be an uproar!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.