Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Doesn't the Russian Olympic figure skating loser realize he is embarrassing his country & Olympics w/his crap?

Plushenko should be asked to leave the Olympics or even have his silver medal revoked. His whiny nonsense is far worse than the snowboarder who had pictures taken of some chick licking his medal on his crotch.

I saw the competition. Lysacek's performance was far superior to Plushenko's. Big whoopie that he did a quadraxle in the 1st jump. It was sloppy just like the rest of his performance. Evan was flawless, precise, and artistic. The quadraxle is so fast that you can't even tell it's not a triaxle.

Favorite Answer

Now on his personal web site he has awarded himself a platinum medal.

He is obviously in a world of his own and will never come to grips with the fact he did not win.

• Mr.B

The US Olympic Committee had a rule for its athletes - "don't get too drunk and don't get caught doing stupid things while you are drunk". While what he did wasn't too horrible, Scotty Lago clearly flaunted the rule. The USOC was left with no choice but to ask him to go home.

The Russian Olympic Committee does not have a rule for its athletes saying "Don't be a bad sport". So Plushenko can carry on with his antics. He also has the full support of the Russian media and many Russians. We see it as embarrassing, they see it as fighting back against a perceived slight. So he won't be asked to leave. And the platinum medal did give me a chuckle, silly as it is.

• ginger

Give him a break. He's suffering from lead poisoning from the medal he got in China. He never took it off for four years.

I think Plushenko is hilarious. You can tell he has passion, and in a way he is right. He should have won gold since he pulled off quads, which were beautiful. I just laugh at him, but I am sure Russia is not embarrased, and that snowboarder was just having a good time and in the moment. I think it was ridiculous that he left.

We should just ban other countries from competing in Canada, then we would Own The Podium!

• scrgrl

I hope not. It's been the high point of my day as far as amusement goes.