promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What Piano should I buy??? And what is Polyphony?

I know Acoustic is of course good but expensive. I was planning to buy upright pianos (the cheap ones that cost less than $4000) but Its too much.

Then I wanted to buy a Digital Piano. I searched for it and I found a good one (by good one I mean good looking and looks like an acoustic piano)

Yamaha Arius YDP160 and YDP140. which one should I buy? They both have the same look.

And 64 polyphonies . And what does 64 Polyphonies mean? Some of them have 128. but what is the difference between 64 and 128.

and which piano should I buy

and what is / what does PolyPhony means?

5 stars

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Polyphony allows you to play several notes at the same time, the number indicates the number of notes you can play. For example, on an 88 keys keyboard, the 64 polyphonic ability will allow you to press up to 64 keys at the same time and all the notes will sound. Any more notes pressed will not produce the additional sound.

Why not consider the Yamaha Clavinova series?

• Excellent and simple answer! Thanks for helping me out buddy :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

What you want is a piano/keyboard with weighted/ touch-sensitive keys. This is one of the most important things to consider when investing and learning to play. Without weighted keys, you won't develop a good sense of touch or feel for dynamics. Electric keyboards are much cheaper, always stay in tune, take up less space, are lighter, and require less maintenance (good for traveling/ apartments). I would advise investing in one of these if you're not too sure you want to continue with piano. Don't worry about a bunch of superfluous add-ons and extra sounds that you won't use. They just raise the price. Yamaha has some nice keyboards. As for buying a piano, I'd just recommend going to a piano store and trying one out, seeing if you like one's sound over another. The older ones are generally cheaper. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

grand keys

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.