astrobella asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Discounted dental plan in Bay area?

I feel a wisdom tooth coming in and its bugging the crap out of me. I don't have dental through work or by any other means. Is there any programs that offer discounted plans? or does anyone know of any dentistry schools near the Bay that will take patients for a very cheap price. I am a full time student. Also my credit is not that great.

Favorite Answer

For discounted dental plans in the SF area, check out the Web page below. I don't actually know this company, but they seem to have a decent number of participating dentists.

http://dentalinsurance.dentalplans.com/sanfrancisc...

As for dental schools, the University of the Pacific has its Dugoni dental school and clinic in San Fran. The number for the clinic is 415- 929-6501

The University of San Francisco actually operates two dental clinics. You can find out more their Web site:

http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/patients/patients_main.h...

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

• ?

you could no longer use it alongside which contain your time-honored coverage. they won't additionally be known on the same carriers. despite in the event that they're known on the same carriers, one among 2 circumstances applies: a) it would be pointless, if the coverage corporation has negotiated to get anybody utilising the coverage the same "decrease fee" because of the fact the decrease fee plan ingredients. The term "decrease fee" is deceptive. It ability in basic terms which you pay decrease than "finished" fee. It does no longer mean which you pay decrease than different clientele. There won't be all people paying "finished" fee. The discounted fee could desire to be the ordinary fee. b) the decrease fee is definitely a discount for no longer making the provider bypass in the path of the paintings of doing the coverage place of work work, which may well be as much as 0.5 of their costs. they actually do no longer care no count in case you have the decrease fee plan or no longer, and could supply the decrease fee to all people who does not lead them to do any coverage types. in case you utilize the time-honored coverage, then they ought to handle the coverage place of work work, so they won't supply you any fee reductions, different than those required via the time-honored coverage.

i have a dental plan that i really like. it's real cheap and consistently cuts bills about in half. they don't do credit checks, they cover preexisting conditions and i'm pretty sure its nationwide. check out www.1dental.com