YWWE>BVW>mwwe asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

based on the undertaker shawn michaels streak vs career match at WM, which would you be sadder to see?

shawn retiring or undertakers streak ending? of course there could be a major swerve down the road in whihc michaels returns but assuming THAT doesnt happen which would you be sadder to see

Favorite Answer

The Undertaker's Streak ending, simply because Shawn Michaels has retired once before at 1998 and Undertaker deserves to keep his Streak.

First off, let me say this. Every now and again, you see someone in the crowd holding a sign that reads, ‘IF (insert wrestler) WINS/LOSES, WE RIOT! We see it, and have a giggle at the concept, and think back to ONS when it happened the first time etc. Well, if John Cena does in fact beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, while half the audience finishes their collectice orgasms, the other (and i’m going to assume) LARGER half of the audience will rush the ring, and there’ll be sudden technical difficulties right at the end of ‘Mania, and we’ll all be online wondering what the **** just happened.

I’m not saying that Cena shouldn’t do it, because it’s Cena (although i’d probably be clearing up a lot glass and blood shortly afterward, should it happen), i’m just saying that’s what would probably happen.

I agree with the conflicted posters on this site that think that uber-pushes are a good idea, but is is there anyway to do it without ruining the mid-carders career almost immediately due to white heat (because ya know, they don’t get that it’s not up to him), plus tarnishing Taker’s only real shining achievement in his 20 year legacy.

Those who’ve actually read my posts and know I’m a Taker mark, won;t be surprised to hear me say, that it shouldn’t end. I too, can’t really believe that any of the current ME’ers could ACTUALLY defeat the Undertaker, unless it was some stupid swerve, run-in bullshit that would probably have worse consequences than Cena winning. It’s more laughable than Friday’s title match. Like i think Rey Mysterio is going to beat the Undertaker for the World title, on SD no less! It’s an iffy call, because while Mysterio should get flattened in about 30 seconds, it’s Christmas, and Cena lost last week so they might pull a stupid swerve, just for the kids will go happy after a trip to Vince McMahon’s squeaky clean, PG, bubble wrapped, wrestling promotion.

-Hogan founded Wrestlemania, and even if he shot Vince in the face, they’d STILL have him in the WM video packages slamming Andre.

-Ric Flair is a 16x World Heavyweight champion(once with them), a feat that’ll (hopefully) never be duplicated.

-HBK defeated Bret Hart in the 60 minute Iron Man Match at WM, founded DX, retired Ric Flair, became Mr. Wrestlemania, won MOTY so many damn times and innovated shed loads of everything throughout the ’90’s

-Austin delivered his KOTR speech, won a **** load of titles, defined Attitude Era, had the fued of the Attitude Era, and won 3 Royal Rumbles (a streak they won’t forget)

-Foley flew off the Cell, plus many other great memories. People will forget this TNA stuff and remember that moment.

-Big Show is the only man to hold the WCW, WWE and ECW title

-HHH is the closest to surpassing Flair and is married to the boss’ daughter.

-Kurt Angle won everything but the tag titles in 1 year.

-Until Mickie James surpasses it, Trish Stratus holds the record for Women’s Title reigns, and probably the hottest Diva they’ve ever had.

-Jericho is the first Undisputed Champion

-Orton’s the youngest Champion ever (although that could always change)

So why can’t Taker go undefeated at Wrestlemania? 5 years from now ‘Buried Alive’ and Casket matches will be a fading memory in WWE. All Taker’s title reigns have just about been long enough for him to keep the belt warm for the next guy.

A lot of people think it’d be selfish on his part and a wasted opportunity for someone else. I think that it’d take a damn miracle to pull it off without whoever it is having to get used to deafening boo’s for the next however many years, with maybe a ‘You Suck’ chant to go with his theme music (God, i miss that). I simply don’t have faith in WWE not to try it it and **** it up completely. The Invasion angle was crap, the brand split forced us all to accept a new way of doing things we didn’t really like, ECW became a joke once they fired all the old talent, although they’ve recovered it nicely, and now they’re they’ve turned PG. I really don’t expect them to end Taker’s streak in a manner that ANYBODY would think was appropriate, other then fans who accept what they see on TV and ask nothing more.

The man deservers something for all he’s done. Sure he got six nobodies on it thanks to Vince's love for giants (Gonzales, Bundy, Boss Man, Show, Train, and Henry) but the 11 other names are noteworthy. Let him go out on a high. Right now he’s watching guys who he first met as rookies, surpass him in title reigns and TV time on a monthly basis, so let him have his streak.

Twenty years from now, when the future fans looks into WWE Record, they will say, “Hey, do you know there’s a man who has never been defeated at The Grandest Stage of Them All?”

And you know who that man is.

Both of them are physically at the end of their careers. But I would prefer to see undertaker retire with his streak in tack.HBK should just retire..We red heads are just to evil to quit LOL

• AD

If Taker dropped his streak to anybody I wouldn't be mad if it was to HBK. If he dropped it to a midcarder than I would be pissed. At the same time, if HBK looses I'll be sorry to see him go. Even though people like Hogan and Flair proven that retirements are rarely permanent unless it's due to injury (such as Stone Cold's injuries).

I dont care, either. Im not a fan of either one.

I know-how can a wrestling fan not like Shawn Michaels or Undertaker right? Well thats me. Im tired of both of them.

Undertaker's streak. McMahon would be stupid to let it end.

im sorry taker streak will end

undertakers streak....sadly