Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

L@@K!! How do you make a living by buying stocks?

Hi,

I em a complete beginner in the stock market... and have just been reading alot of articles about buying stock and selling stocks .. and how to make just a little bit of money like by the dividends and if a stock goes up a few dollars then i can sell it and i would make a few dollars... but....

i want to know how to make serious money by only buying and selling stocks... if thats possible...i just opened an account at etrade and im thinking of buying one share of MCD(McDonalds) stock (which is like $64 something)here by the end of the week and just see what happens.. like if i could sell it and ill make a few bucks... idk.. like i said im a beginner...

BUT i want to know how i can make a living doing this stuff!! plz any advice from any one would be great ... thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In order for you to make money trading one stock of McDonald's (or any stock) on E*Trade the stock price would have to go up $25 per share to compensate for the commissions.

Make sure you account for your commissions and fees when you do your profit taking.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't make a living buying and selling stock but it isn't easy. You need a lot of capital and be willing to risk your own money.

Don't buy one share of MCD... your not going to make money buying ONE??! share of MCD because with all the other costs associated with buying and selling stock your going to LOSE! money.

For a start, sences your just a beginner, I recommended practice trading (fake money). There are a lot of websites that lets you do this. Only use as much money as you plan to start with. If you fail you know this isn't for you.. and you den't risk any of your own money!

If you deside you still want to "make a livin buying stock" then by all means give it a try.

• 5 years ago

Everything in the world is possible. From your question I can sense that you do not have a direction. Even you have the so much money to invest in the first place does not mean making money. An action needs to be done to get the result. The choice of today leads to the result of tommorrow. Get yourself financial knowledge first before investing. Read 23 habits of investing from Mark Tier.

• 1 decade ago

If you want to make a living on it, you have to trade with a lot more money. You should start out small like you are now and build your way up to a living.

You could try careers as a stockbroker or fund manager.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

You can make money in binary options only if you treat it as a real form of investing. Learn here https://tr.im/MYvdf

This means learning how it works, learning how to read charts and learning how you can make accurate predictions. All these are not that difficult but it takes some time. If you treat it as gambling and just make random predictions then you will obviously not win.

• 1 decade ago

i just invest in business directly and keep very close eye on them and their project,... i just invested in this entertainment company and i am so far very happy about my choice.

www.capocorporation makes movies posters and music i invested $10000 and i am to walk away with 27000+ by the end of the year

• 1 decade ago

It is very hard work and you have to trade them. You have to learn alot and have high self-control

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do u know forex trading? the success in forex exist in having the depth of knowledge.i am not a guru in trading but i let my financial assets automated (not a bot) but in to the real hands of highly qualified broker company traders.i just sit and watch.that's how i made good profits. http://www.bestforextradingplatforms.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.