Why do atheists celebrate Christmas?

Don't give me the "it's not really a religious holiday anymore" argument because that IS the reason why it isn't a religious holiday anymore! Because THEY celebrate it. Whether it be just for the presents, food, and whatnot. Sure, they will be all "God isn't real" the rest of... show more Don't give me the "it's not really a religious holiday anymore" argument because that IS the reason why it isn't a religious holiday anymore! Because THEY celebrate it. Whether it be just for the presents, food, and whatnot. Sure, they will be all "God isn't real" the rest of the year but once Christmas is around some of them will go around saying "Merry Christmas!". Please, enlighten a curious teen.

And I mean some atheists, not all. So please don't be offended. I'm just curious. =P
Update: How is it not religious? We are celebrating the birth of Jesus! Christmas may incorporate some pagan traditions but it is mostly about Jesus.
Update 2: If atheists celebrate it, then it is a pagan holiday, to THEM. But it should be a religious holiday. After all, why is it called CHRISTmas?

And just so you know, I am not even a strong Catholic. I don't go to church that often.
Update 3: And yes, it is nice for people to get together with family. =) There is nothing wrong with that.