Kiran C asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will the Republicans be prepared for the Health Care Summit?

Ten months ago, President Obama was prepared "to curb malpractice awards, a move long sought by Republicans that is certain to bring strong opposition from the trial lawyers who fund the Democratic Party." The Republicans were not prepared to work with the President or the Democrats. They spent the next several months obstructing health care reform efforts. Will they be ready now?

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I do not think that they will ever be ready. It is all about looking out for the interest of the insurance companies when it comes to the GOP and the President is going against them and their pay hikes on the American people. They are on totally opposite ends.

Plus they don't have a plan the president has used some of their ideas but that still is not good enough for them. I hope that the President is successful in getting this bill passed my insurance premiums is almost half of my take home pay.

For those still ranting about Government take over, start doing some research on both sites of the position to find out the truth of the matter, then present some valid links to verify your position.

For those interested in reviewing the bill and other important information check out the white house website

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/02/22/a-walk-t...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Obama is looking the Republicans' bluff. He is familiar with they do no longer decide for well-being care reform and could no longer vote for any well-being care invoice provided to them. The Republicans have been complaining that Obama has disregarded them, now they are able to't say it.

• webned
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Here's the real deal. Republicans can get some of the things they want in the bill if they support the bill. If they don't they'll get nothing and the bill will go through reconciliation. It's their decision.

• Ron R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

lol.....republicans have been ready for years......problem is the democrats idea of bipartisianship is to do it their way or forget it.........democrats have refused to listen to anything that any republican has said since the election...they tried to force it through by themselves to prove a point.......why do people keep saying that republicans are abstructionists?.....democrats didn't need a single vote from republicans to pass their version of health care

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

We do want "socialized" medicine.

Why do the republicans think they can still run the show after they lost the election?

• 1 decade ago

Oh, are the Republicans invited to participate this time?

I remember it was just Democrats behind closed doors last time (transparent, ha).

• 1 decade ago

Yea they will be ready for their lecture from the professor, It's a mandatory class I guess.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At least this time GOP will be allowed in the debate

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We dont want socialized medicine. SO my guess is as long as Obama want to ram a system that nobody wants dont expect much progress

• Ned
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

They are prepared .......... to say NO. It is the party cry,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.