Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Cover letter for acting agencies?

Hi, I am 19 and I live in Los Angeles. I am looking for acting representation and I just got my head shots and have my resume ready. I am now working on a cover letter. Can you help me out to see if I can make this better in any way? I am looking to send these into CESD and many others.

Dear whoever

My name is Sally Martin and I am a new actress in Los Angeles. I am very interested in film, television, and commercial productions. I was led to your name while taking an acting class in Los Angeles with Jill Brennan Lincoln. I looked at some of the actors you hold and am very impressed and eager to work with you.

My recent work is theatrical, I was Eileen Sherwood in Leonard Bernstien’s “Wonderful Town,” and Gabriella Montez in Disney’s “High School Musical.” Right now I am learning as much as I can about film and TV from recent improv workshops with Second City and acting classes in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my cover letter and resume. I look forward to meeting you in person, and I am available absolutely any time for an audition or interview. Feel free to contact me on my cell phone at ***-***-****.

Have a great day,

Sally Martin

contact information

Favorite Answer

Honestly, it's weak.

There's vim.

Therre's no vigor.

All it says is, "Hi. I'm new in town. I don't have much experience. I got my head shots and resume though!"

No. You are selling yourself. Don't just list the parts you played. Explain your strengths. You are great at character acting. Get a teacher or a director to give you a glowing quote or a letter.

Basically, do more than this. Go further. Push yourself out of comfort zone. Why should they hire you? Right now you have yet to tell me that.

Also, never use the word GOT in a cover letter.

Also, instead of the thanks at the bottom, try this:

"I appreciate your time in considering my resume. I look forward to meeting with you in person and will call next week to schedule an interview. In the meantime, feel free to contact me at ####-###-#### for more information.

Best Regards,

Your Name"

That's not only more professional, but it's also more direct. Right now it's very passive. Get agressive and show your energy, even in the writing.

• strait

Acting Cover Letter

Actor Cover Letter

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Cover letter for acting agencies?

Dear...

Source(s): cover letter acting agencies: https://biturl.im/I1Kl0

Lousy letter, way too long and contains info that should be on your resume. See 'How to Write Cover Letters and Resumes at www.kenplonkeyacting.com

Source(s): www. kenplonkeyacting.com

It needs to be a formal business letter from your parents asking the company to represent you. That's all.

The letter is too long. Just say you are interested in representation for film/tv, and then your last paragraph...make it all one paragraph and contact info @ the top right of the paper. I wish uu luckkkk!!

Source(s): I act:)