Why many people cannot think on their own?

I think the consistency, continuity, contemplativeness, cognizing capability, connectivity, intuitive and meditative finesse are lost when one depends on others' thoughts and quoting too often. Your thoughts ...............?
Update: Ronid 76 : Agreed. But following someone do not develop the mind, do not help you transcend the mind. It is infact the root cause for flourishing of most religions. Following is NOT - practising IS. If Shephered reaches destination, the sheep will also reach destination but the difference is Shephered knows the... show more Ronid 76 : Agreed. But following someone do not develop the mind, do not help you transcend the mind. It is infact the root cause for flourishing of most religions. Following is NOT - practising IS. If Shephered reaches destination, the sheep will also reach destination but the difference is Shephered knows the way the Sheep does not. In million years the sheep will remain a sheep.
Update 2: Tiger: I did not have a second thumb up to give you.

NO THUMB DOWNS FROM ME All thoughts are welcome.
Update 3: Claptic Verily said: "When the Great Reality is not known the study of the scriptures is fruitless; when the Great Reality is known the study of the scriptures is also fruitless." Scriptures are Shrutis or revelations and cannot be surpassed by mind and rightly said as will be weakened. My... show more Claptic Verily said:
"When the Great Reality is not known the study of the scriptures is fruitless; when the Great Reality is known the study of the scriptures is also fruitless."

Scriptures are Shrutis or revelations and cannot be surpassed by mind and rightly said as will be weakened. My purpose is to ask people to think on their own. No words are repeated same unless quoted. Each man think unique but alike.
For the symbol man is absolutely right in his place. And I admire his thougts.
Update 4: "Can you honestly say that you have had an original thought???" Majority of my thougts are original. One reason I sometimes cannot recognize my own writing. Thoughts come as a flash. Yes astral guidance may be there. I do quote scriptures as they are absolute truth which cannot be worded better.... show more "Can you honestly say that you have had an original thought???"

Majority of my thougts are original. One reason I sometimes cannot recognize my own writing. Thoughts come as a flash. Yes astral guidance may be there. I do quote scriptures as they are absolute truth which cannot be worded better. How did you get the idea that I have exempted myself from the question? The argument derails as it is like saying I have used English language which was discovered by someone else and therefore no copyright. The answer is in what Claptic said. i.e. to know what is on the top of a mountain one should go up the mountain and when you see up the mountain you know what is up the mountain that you know, and when the top of the mountain come down to tell you what is up there you would understand that upto that level and tell yes I know. In fact what you know iswhat you know and not beyond. Kailash is that Sinai is that.
Update 5: "I am answering with a quote that perhaps I should paraphrase but if I did I might weaken it.". And Claptic I think that is the only sensible reason for a Self/critical thinking personal to quote.