Sarah asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

if i do 1,000 crunches a day?

my trainer told me to do 1,000 crunches a day. there's no way. i already did 100 this morning.

how long would it take if i did 1,000 a day?

i mean how long would it take to see results?

Favorite Answer

Your trainer is a moron. Abs are like any other muscle. They require resistance and a proper diet to grow.

If I do 1,000 squats with just my bodyweight my legs will not grow. I might pass out, but my legs won't grow. Neither will your abs.

Your trainer must not be very talented because unless implemented with a 4 or 5 hour workout utilizing the rest of your body, there is no rationale for 1000 crunches other than the Guinness book. They dont make you skinny. They dont improve core strength unless paired with back extensions and other core training, and 1000 of anything is so excessive that a person would take over a week to recover from the damage and lose a great deal of time. IF you're trying to lose weight, do like 4 sets of 20 crunches coupled with CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE which is the exercise for weight loss. If you are trying to build muscle do the sets of crunches on a slantboard in sets of 10.

Good Luck

Oh, and given the amount of time it takes a person to do a crunch, i estimate 1000 would take about an hour (if you didnt tire or slow down)

Source(s): Exercise Physiologist

well i do 120 crunches..then 120 crunches with legs in air...then 120 crunches with legs on bed..and sometimes ill do bicycle crunches..

and honestly? i've seen little result..(i've been doing this for a month though)

it's not all about the working out..you may have abs underneath..but on top there is lots of fat.

try compare my amount of crunches to yours and try work it out =]

Hope this helps

In 1 month, but I suggest you do 100-300/day, it'll take a few months, but it's healthier this way, you won't get results too fast, which can make the muscles weaker.

Firstly you shouldnt do crunches everyday.

Only every other day.

The reason for this is because they need time to repair and grow after your work out.

Source(s): experienced gym go-er

1000 a day is very farfetched...try a few sets and do as many as you can each set...but push yourself. Everyone has abs underneath...underneath the fat...so the sooner you can burn tummy fat, the sooner you will see your six pack. Try cardio to burn fat and do the crunches/sit ups to define them.

Your "trainer" is a baffoon!!!