Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Muslims will you respect me if I corral my women?

(Oh, right. Girl avatar, but I'm a man)

I have seen a couple of lunatics on Richard Dawkins' documentaries, going on about how we (American men) need to get *our* women under control. I thought that Richard was just cherry-picking the doofusiest Muslims he could find. But suddenly I'm in an email argument with a Muslim who is saying the same stuff. I can't believe it's for real.

So ladies, would you mind dressing very drably for just a little while until I can gain the respect of my esteemed Muslim acquaintances? Oh, and I think you're not allowed out of the house too. Sorry, my bad. Send out for pizza and charge it to my card, ok? I'll make it up to you.

Favorite Answer

that's for the protection of women in islam !! we can't let our women be seen half naked we are men & men are jealous & our religion tell us that !!

Actually it's not. There are two completely different interpretations of that verse. Another interpretation completely leaves off the part about beating them. The worst part of this question is you are using extremists as an example. You really need to educate yourself. So I will do it for you: The first translation is the one you have and the second is: "Men are the support of women as God gives some more means than others, and because they spend of their wealth (to provide for them)... As for women you feel are averse, talk to them suasively; then leave them alone in bed (without molesting them) and go to bed with them (when they are willing)" The difficulty is translating the word qawwamuna 'ala an-nisa which could mean, protect, support or attend to. The final word in the verse, adribuhunna (sp?) can either mean beat them or go along with them. Again, it's trying to find an English translation to the varying words in Arabic. If the Bible translations truly are correct, why are there so many different versions of them? Before the religion of Islam entered into the Arab world, women were seen as chattels and could not own property. If you consider the Christian culture (which is also my religion), they have done the same thing. Women had to stay at home and tend to the house and children while the man went to work. The idea of women being covered up, (1) was to emulate the way the wives of Muhammad because they were considered "the Mothers of the Ummah". They were never forced to wear them, they were just adopted over a period of time after Muhammad's death. (2) His wives were veiled for a sense of modesty. They had to have their clothes around them a little to be recognized as believers and so no harm will come to them (33:60). After all, they were married to a prophet. The problem lies in the difficulty of interpreting middle eastern languages to English. There are words in Arabic that may mean admire, but when translated English mean have sex with. Anything violent is not in the name of Allah. Which is why they don't recognize "holy war" as part of their religion. I am not Muslim. But I do study the culture to help correct people who make assumptions such as this one.

• Adam

lol why would any man want to keep women under control ? and that's not a pop at muslims...

who gives a toss what people think do or say anyway? a lot of people obviously do because certain areas of the world wouldn't end up being heavily controlled

To answer your prejudicial question I have to remind you about very famous Jewish “hadith” –

Do you call it pedophilia? In Islam and Christianity you won’t find these types of abomination.

"Rabbi Joseph said, 'Come and hear. A maiden aged 3 years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition”

Mishnah: A girl of the age of 3 years and a day may be betrothed, subject to her father's approval, by sexual intercourse.

"Harlot" (prostitute)?

A "Harlot" (prostitute) is designated in the Torah as any women who is not "a daughter of Israel" or who has sex with a man she is forbidden to marry. According to this interpretation, all non-Jewish women are considered "harlots" under the Jewish religious law.

Source: http://muslimvillage.com/forums/index.php?showtopi... for confirmation or reference and not for promotion of any one’s blog or web.

Jewish Teachings on sex with animals

Rabbis Teachings on sex with infants and animals: Jewish Teachings on sex with infants:

"A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate. If he penetrates and the child is harmed then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl however would not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister.

"The complete Hebrew text of this saying can be found in "Rabbi Joseph in Talmud: Bammidber raba and Jalkut"

Jewish Teachings on sex with animals:

"The meat of horses, mules, or donkeys is not recommended. It is strictly forbidden if the animal was sodomized while alive by a man. In that case, the animal must be taken outside the city and sold."Editor's notes: I wonder if it is OK to sodomize a dead animal? What happens if the buyer brings the poor animal back into the city?"If one commits an act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrements become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed as quickly as possible and burned, and the price of it paid to its owner by him who sodomized it.

"Editor's note: The poor animal first is sodomized and then killed and burned. What an Jewish justice towards animals? Where are the animal rights group?"

It is forbidden to consume the excrement of animals or their nasal secretions. But if such are mixed in minute proportions into other foods their consumption is not forbidden.""If a man (God protect him from it!) fornicates with an animal and ejaculates, ablution is necessary.

"Editor's note: It does not say who should have ablution: the animal or the man?

Source: http://jewishstyle.blogspot.com/2007/04/jewish-tea...

Please do not remove the answer and discuss with equal energy as you were discussing wrong Islamic references.

• Most Muslims here at Y!a are lunatics as well. Don't go socializing with them, or listening to what they have to say. They rarely reflect the general Muslim views and opinions.

• ouyoon

Oh, and I think you're not allowed out of the house too.

ummm we ARE allowed to go out!.

talk to a Muslim scholar.

lol @ Micky GG...ignorant!

Drably.... does that mean I can hang out in my pajamas AND have pizza? Well, that doesn't sound too bad... will you bring back drinks? I like vodka.

hmm, i duno if they will respect u... but i will respect them when the Taliban and Al quida and all those "home grown terrorist" are all taken care of.

• Quran

before putting allegations such as your question, you must study the truth the book Quran, to know what it say.

I saw that same documentary...yes, those muslims are very controlling...nothing nice about them.