04 Honda Civic LX Sedan Battery Replacement (51R-DLG)?

Explaination:

So the other day my bettery died, blah blah details. I got a jump and then I went to Auto Zone to get a new battery. I wound up getting a Duralast Yellow Top 51R-DLG battery. When I put the new battery in my car the positive and negative terminals seemed to be on the wrong side of the battery. Yes everything was installed correctly for my car. Needless to say I couldn't close my hood because the battery terminals were too close to the edge of the engine compartment and I couldn't put my hood strut down all of the way because the positive terminal was preventing this.

Now for the real question:

Is there any sort of "reverse terminal" battery or do I just have to get a different model battery? If I don't have to do either, is there any sort of quick fix so I don't have to deal with the hastle of trying to explain this to the auto zone employees?

Favorite Answer

I did this same thing a week ago

AutoZone took it right back I didn't install mine in the car though. I took it right back when I saw the terminals were backwards.

Take it back. They''l give you a new one.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Explaination:

So the other day my bettery died, blah blah details. I got a jump and then I went to Auto Zone to get a new battery. I wound up getting a Duralast Yellow Top 51R-DLG battery. When I put the new battery in my car the positive and negative terminals seemed to be on the wrong side of...

Source(s): 04 honda civic lx sedan battery replacement 51r dlg: https://tr.im/GlEEO
  • kimmie

Duralast Gold 51r-dlg

real question is why you get wrong battery

if it didnt fit or look the same then its not right battery

cant shut hood

cant hook battery cables

wrong battery