Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 10 years ago

Will thursday's bipartisan health care summit accomplish anything?

Now that Republicans have reluctantly agreed to show up to discuss health care, what will be the result?

A true compromise that ultimately works toward a bill that improves the U.S. health care system?

Or a complete standoff where both sides go away saying "we need to reform health care" but agree to nothing?

Nobody can know what the outcome will be, but it will be televised so at least the American people will see who is working for the country's welfare and who isn't.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/…

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

It will show how few practical ideas the Republicans have.

• No, it will accomplish nothing. Obama still insists on messing with this bloated health care plan when the economy is going down the drain and the national debt is sinking the country. Something is very wrong with this guy.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I wish we could start from scratch with a public option and put in at least one or two of the three pathetic ideas that the regressive republicans proposed. I don't like either bill as they stand.

• 10 years ago

What do you believe as a compromise. If it is take over light that's not a compromise. What does it take to let you know that I want to be in charge of my life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

What it will do is put some on record.Before the American voter. Its a good thing !

• 10 years ago

No, not as long as the goal is control and higher taxes under the guise of "reform".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.