Dog adoption question?

There is a dog up for adoption. He is an 8 yr old Yorkshire terrier. He was raised in a puppy mill, and was rescued. I have requested to adopt him. His feet are very fragile, because he was in a metal crate his whole life. He also had to have 18 teeth removed because they were rotten. I was wondering if I would be... show more There is a dog up for adoption. He is an 8 yr old Yorkshire terrier. He was raised in a puppy mill, and was rescued. I have requested to adopt him. His feet are very fragile, because he was in a metal crate his whole life. He also had to have 18 teeth removed because they were rotten. I was wondering if I would be a better candidate for adopting the dog. I am 47, I have 2 children, both age 15. I also have a husband that is 54. We have 2 other dogs. A Shih tzu that is 3, almost 4, and another Yorkshire Terrier that is 3 years old. we have a very active lifestyle. The other candidate is a married couple that are 88, and 82. They are retired and have no other dogs. they are very mellow, and for lack of a better word, lazy. I was wondering who you think the shelter will pick to adopt Malcolm, the Yorkshire Terrier.

Greatly appreciated!
11 answers 11