How is the health care summit a trap if the Republicans actually have ideas?

I think they don't have any real ideas that are new so they are pretending like this is some sort of trap. Maybe it is Obama listening to the poll that 86% of Americans think government is broken and he is trying to mend it like he said he wanted to.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a trap because it will be televised and America will see that they really don't care about the country, only politics.

• 1 decade ago

It's put up or shut up....and they may be holding a pair of deuces after the river card is dealt. The proposed rate hike by Blue Cross & Blue Shield in California may have swung the pendulum on this partisan issue back towards some form of public option.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, when I read "The Patriot"s answer I can understand how the democrat propaganda finds a foothold and is so happily spread by people like him. Look at his references, extremist liars like mediamatters? Hahahaha.

Pat, look at your study that Reuters carried. It's pure opinion, and shame on Reuters for carrying it. Obviously they no longer wish to be considered a "news agency" but an opinion agency.

The rest of your sources are blogs, and shame on you for taking their wild claims as fact. Go check them out, buddy.

By the way, did you know that this monster bill that made it through the Senate will leave thirty million Americans without health coverage? And you still have the nads to support it? What a hypocrite you are, what hypocrites all you dems are for supporting a bill that would break the country and break our fine health care system and still not achieve the one thing that we both agree on--covering the poor.

You disgust me.

• 1 decade ago

OR maybe it is because the Dems said they are coming with the FINAL BILL ready to be passed...if it is a summit to have ideas tossed around SERIOUSLY...then how can they hav e the "FINAL BILL" already???

Please it is just a bully pull pit for Obama to try and force this lemon thru...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The GOP have ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DKDdVXsC2I

Youtube thumbnail

And those ideas have approval of the (un)insurance companies who fund them.

Why does no other developed nation have the US model of healthcare? Because in the US model, insurance companies use death panels to deny care to those they are meant to cover. And then they raise costs [1]. Not only does the USA spend more on healthcare than any other nation [2], it finds itself bottom of the table when it comes to preventable deaths due to treatable conditions when it comes to developed nations [3]. The sad thing is that rather than focus on these things, the right spreads lies and half truths about the reforms and how healthcare works abroad [4]. But, if you think that my points are wrong, e-mail me with proof.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.