Horse trailer issues?

So my gelding recently got over EPM, if you don't know what it is then you should probably find out cuz it sucks!! ANYWAYS lol his balance is still rather wacked up and I haven't been able to take him away from my house since I got him over a year ago, WHICH SUCKS. I have been working with him and I plan... show more So my gelding recently got over EPM, if you don't know what it is then you should probably find out cuz it sucks!!
ANYWAYS lol his balance is still rather wacked up and I haven't been able to take him away from my house since I got him over a year ago, WHICH SUCKS. I have been working with him and I plan on working with him more as soon as the weather clears up. I have an old straight load stock combo steel trailer and it deffinatly isn't the smoothest ride, and he is probably scared that he is going to fall over (first time he rode in our trailer was veryt traumatic for him saddly and he was screaming and bucking in place, poor baby). I don't so much need tips on how to get him in, cuz he will now, just not stay in, and I have 2 trainers to go to so yeah. What I would MUCH RATHER know is what kind of trailer is best for a horse with balance issues? I have allways perfered a straight load over a slant since it is much more natural for a horse to brace with its front and back legs instead of one side of their body like they would in a slant, just my opinion:P but I wouldn't mind having one. I'm thinking about buying a two horse, but I KNOW he would not get into that. Also my truck can pull bumper pull and gooseneck trailers.
Update: Okay a loose horse in a trailer is a big no no for me. He would kill himself lol and I have tried feeding him in it and he choked twice, and it really didn't help him at all.