I was at the hospital talking to these nurses moved here from the UK, the hate the workers unions there; why?

they were railing on unions and giving props to margaret thatcher and stuff for some reason..

• Tom S
    Favorite Answer

Unions are the reason manufacturing jobs have left this country. Feel free to look around 80% of GM, Chrysler and Fords are made in Mexico or Canada.

Nurses are unable to strike, therefore they have NO bargaining tool. The only things nurses can do is pay dues. Unions were necessary in the past, they are now outdated.

Margret Thatcher was like the Devil. She whispered in Britts ears "If you stop caring about other people you could become something greater!"

People who live insipid middle class lives who imagine riches will suddenly make their lives more fulfilling took this Faustian bargain and began attacking all the institutions that elevated their parents and grand parents from working class drudgery to the middle class lives they seem to loathe.

If you think comparing Margret Thatcher to the Devil is unfair I would point to the fact she was known to lecture crowds of Christians telling them Christianity isn't about promoting egalitarianism but personal salvation and most of her personal beliefs came from militant atheists like Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand also.

I retired from the Laborers Union @ 55 with a big check every month, I work if I want to usually I don't want to work lol, keep bashing Unions silly.

because Unions as like big government do nothing but suck the life out of a person.

Perhaps you should have ask them. Duh.